• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OFFICIAL : Behold 2 Tips n Tricks thread

This works just ok, still its limited by the fact that lcd screens(amoled included) don't work too well in sunlight due to how they work.

In LCD Brightness in the phone settings menu, set Automatic to ON. It takes about a half second, just like when you pull the phone away from your face, it uses the proximity sensor to detect the amount of light. When outdoors in the sun, it will push the brightness to max. Still wont be as bright as indoors of course but at least you can see enough of the screen to see whats going on.

Upvote 0
Damn I think we're on the old show "punked" and there was no update to begin with! As a side note, I ve been trying endlessly to get rid of the default messaging notification so I dont get duplicate notifications and I think i have finally found a solution! I downloaded an app called "automatic task killer" but there are other ones out there. This program automatically kills apps when the phone screen turns off. I told this program to automatically kill just the stock messaging so when i get a text, it automatically clears the envelope!the trick is you get the text, the phone screen turns on and then off like normal(which triggers the program to kill the messaging notifications) so now you only get notifications from 3rd party apps!

Upvote 0
Damn I think we're on the old show "punked" and there was no update to begin with! As a side note, I ve been trying endlessly to get rid of the default messaging notification so I dont get duplicate notifications and I think i have finally found a solution! I downloaded an app called "automatic task killer" but there are other ones out there. This program automatically kills apps when the phone screen turns off. I told this program to automatically kill just the stock messaging so when i get a text, it automatically clears the envelope!the trick is you get the text, the phone screen turns on and then off like normal(which triggers the program to kill the messaging notifications) so now you only get notifications from 3rd party apps!

This is a good workaround - I'd used chomp or handcent, but ended up going back to stock (even though I HATE it) because the notifications were so annoying. This tip works well, at least with chomp as I'm using now - the stock notification disappears as soon as the screen goes to sleep. Good stuff!

Upvote 0
AutoKiller is MyFave for keeping the system Running Fast and Clean. But, Draw back is you need Root with Whitelist for it to work.

Really? This tip is working for me - I get two notifications when an sms comes in, but if I wait a sec for the screen to sleep again, there is only the chomp sms notification when it wakes up. I don't use autokiller for anything else though ...

Upvote 0
Yes yes i am

Again , why are you asking this here ....
Flash of any kind had not been released to android yet ...
Flash the HTC use on their devices is licensed to them , and it is tightly integrated into their devices .. so the only way to use it will be to port HTC sense android to the behold2..
BH__man is close to getting this done , so please follow his thread in the sub_forum * all things root behold2* above ...
Happy reading......

Upvote 0
NO SLEEP WHEN CHARGING

if you would like to keep your phones screen on while you are charging it. i know it is somthing simple, but i bet alot of people are curious, i like this because i get annoyed having to unlock my phone every 30 seconds when i get a damn text while im charging lol, my old phone also stayed awake when charging.

go to app tray/settings/application settings/development/

in there is an option for Stay awake - screen will never sleep while charging.

place a check mark next to it and your set.

Upvote 0
Regarding the Hero keyboard posted above, is there a way to reduce the vibration response on keypresses? I noticed a drastic difference in vibration pressure when switching to the Hero keyboard.

Right now I have vibration turned off but i liked the light vib from the orig samsung keyboard (even if it was ugly as sin)

Upvote 0
This is my first smartphone/android and I know NOTHING about them. Ive tried to do the steps for a battery life fix but I'm just not getting it. Can anybody lead me in a step-by-step, idiot proof way? lol

People have just been running their battery until their phone turns off. Leaving the phone off while you charge, then turn it on once it is fully charged.

Upvote 0
do not go to recovery mode.
* Just change usb connecting to samsung studio, turn on usb debug. Then let your phone sleep ( not turn off)
* go to cmd in your computer, and type
1. adb devices ( just make sure your device is listed in there)
2. adb shell [enter]
3. mount(space)-(space)a [enter]
4. rm /data/system/batterystats.bin [enter]
5. reboot

p/s: your phone need to be rooted or using BH_MAN's rom before you do this

I am rooted and using BH_MAN's ROM but when I type 'adb devices' I'm told 'adb is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file'. I have usb debugging on but not sure what you mean by usb connecting to samsung studio, is that what I am missing?

Upvote 0
I am rooted and using BH_MAN's ROM but when I type 'adb devices' I'm told 'adb is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file'. I have usb debugging on but not sure what you mean by usb connecting to samsung studio, is that what I am missing?

this post will get you started . You need to download the drivers as well.

http://androidforums.com/404353-post10.html

Upvote 0
do not go to recovery mode.
* Just change usb connecting to samsung studio, turn on usb debug. Then let your phone sleep ( not turn off)
* go to cmd in your computer, and type
1. adb devices ( just make sure your device is listed in there)
2. adb shell [enter]
3. mount(space)-(space)a [enter]
4. rm /data/system/batterystats.bin [enter]
5. reboot

p/s: your phone need to be rooted or using BH_MAN's rom before you do this
where is the samsung studio under in settings? i know ive seen it but now i cant, my phones been unpluged for 2 hrs and batter is at 68% from a full charge

Upvote 0
I'm new to Androids and was just looking for some help. I'm wondering if there is a way to clean up/edit my music file names in the media player, or if there is a media player that allows me to do this. Lots of the song names or artists are all screwed up and I wanted to try and fix it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Upvote 0
Alright so after messing around with a few diff. apps and home replacements.. here are some of the apps i use to cover up all of the BH2 Twiz

Hope Replacement: Home++ - its free and so far my fav. the Wallpapers look better then they do (Im running 1.6 stock) At the bottom it has a "Power Strip" that are shortcuts to diff settings, and shourtcuts.. as well as u can take out the notification bar if u want...

AndroSMS - My friend has a droid eris, and i always liked how the Txt mssgs popped up on a widget on his screen, so i finally found one that workd like that on the market the only thing is that i still get notifications from the defult text mssgs.. if anyone knows how to turn that off?? (I mean like i get double notification for all txt /mm mssgs)

These have helpd me customize my BH2 and look a hell of alot better then the TWiz deffult does.

i have a few other fav. apps like TiKL that lets u use ur cell as a walkie talkie (like the chirp from boose mobile) only its completely free! Layers that lets u find all these new stuff around your area, and QuickDesk is a real good app once u get a hand of it.. it makes the multi task even easier

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones