• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories *** Official Droid X Accesories Thread***

Found these on Ebay, i like them, i don't know if i would get them, i am in college, my backpack is purple, my ipod case is purple, ah i cant have another purple, i like them though, maybe in black.
droidxplaidpurple2.jpg

Link: PURPLE Plaid Hard Case NEW Motorola Droid X Accessory - eBay (item 150462397927 end time Jul-30-10 12:44:42 PDT)

I like this case. Just think I'll wait a bit just to make sure there isn't something better out there that I like.

Upvote 0
What do you guys think of these? I am still contempating getting a case, this looks like a nice alternative though...
Droid-X-Black-Carbon-Fiber.jpg

Phantom Skinz Chromatics for Motorola Droid X- Colored Protection Film, Cases, Covers

I decided to get these below. Only $6 plus shipping. With a skin, I can still use the docks while protecting from scratches. Yeah it won't help much for drops but a case doesn't guarantee itself for drops anyway.

It even comes with a matching wallpaper for your screen!! damn good for $10 shipped.

51G37SPZi2L._SS400_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UXQ0C6/ref=oss_product
(they have a HUUUGE selection)

Upvote 0
I decided to get these below. Only $6 plus shipping. With a skin, I can still use the docks while protecting from scratches. Yeah it won't help much for drops but a case doesn't guarantee itself for drops anyway.

It even comes with a matching wallpaper for your screen!! damn good for $10 shipped.

51G37SPZi2L._SS400_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UXQ0C6/ref=oss_product
(they have a HUUUGE selection)

decalgirl.com also has skins like these (for about the same price i think - with free background download) - not sure if they have any for the X up on the site yet though. but there is also a HUGE selection on that website as well.

and for the person who asked about thickness... these are like stickers so they don't really add any thickness at all.

Upvote 0
I know some people where concerned about whether or not the droid x will fit in the dock with thier case, i have been thinking about this too, so i wanted you guys to check out this video for the phantom skinz carbon fiber skin, i posted a pic of it earlier, this video is of a guy with the HTC Evo, he did not show the application of it, but looking at it, i might go with this and a screen protector rather than a case....

YouTube - Carbon Fiber Chromatics Body Skin by Phantom Skinz on HTC EVO

The application video
YouTube - Phantom Skinz Chromatics Installation Video

Upvote 0
I just saw the carbon fiber case...and had them hold one for me along with two X's. :D If you're thinking that this is another plastic case with a silver checkerboard pattern stuck on it, think again. This looks and feels like real carbon fiber. I'm not sure if it really is though...couldn't take it out of the box. The box just has a hole in it so you can feel the texture of the case.

I bought this carbon fiber look case the other day. It is a hard shell plastic snap cover but the surface is a rubbery feel carbon fiber look material. It looks good, and I think I will like it fine (still waiting on the x to arrive). I bought a leather belt pouch as well, and I tried inserting the cover into the pouch and the flap will not close. The leather pouch will be going back. hopefully I can find another case, because i am not accustomed to carrying a phone in mypocket.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones