• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, but I think what's got me worried is that they rub their grubby paws on it before the store opens, play with it, and then put it back, lay the plastic protector-sheet back on the screen, and close the box. I think that's what happened in the Best Buy situation.

I wish the boxes came sealed like pill bottles, but they don't. Just pull a tab and it's open. :(

True. Although a lot of the phones now are coming with the battery in a bag that is sealed so if that is not the case I'd be raising some hell with the manager.

Upvote 0
If things with the SGN don't blow up, I'll have a bit more affection for Verizon than I did a couple months ago.

Agreed. I will be a first in line at the VZN store the morning of, making them peel the wrappers and box apart piece by piece with me watching the sticky seal getting broken OR ELSE...

I will let them assign the SSN or SSID or whatever it's called and let them click the grandfathered unlimited. But as said before, they don't walk anywhere with my phone, and I will be the one doing all the rest of the legwork.

Also, when in hades are we going to start hearing about accessories? I really want to snag a nice dock for this badboy for my bedside table.

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
I'd much rather do it this way than have to hope that the delivery guy hasn't just left it on my stoop during the day.

But is anyone afraid of having the store employees play with it and then put it back in the box? I think I read somewhere a while back about a guy getting his Bionic and finding a picture of a Best Buy employee in it flipping off the camera.

Yes! I would flip my shiznit if I found out that the phone I bought was already messed with, and to find a pic of a guy flipping me off would be the nail in the coffin. There is something about getting something new and unwrapping it yourself. Priceless. Its kinda like Christmas day when you were a kid(never mind that at 31 I'm still like that.:D) And about the whole quadrant thing. P3 has had the phone for a while already. Whats to say he hasnt already rooted it and installed set cpu and underclocked it just to purposely get a low score to get people talking. I mean that is what he does, right. I dont know just throwing it out there. But I dont really care either way, this phone is a beast and it will be mine on day 1. No matter what kinda liquid matter P3 spews out of his mouth from now until then!

Upvote 0
True. Although a lot of the phones now are coming with the battery in a bag that is sealed so if that is not the case I'd be raising some hell with the manager.

Good to know. Not that I don't have faith in humanity, I just don't have any faith in humanity. I can honestly say I would probably do the same if I worked at Verizon and at least open one and play with it day before it's released.

Anyone else have any pertinent/useful info about when we are there morning of? Battery in a sealed bag sounds good. Should I let them hand me the box first and give it my own inspection?

Upvote 0
When NE beat the Bucs, the Bucs were 0-6 and the Patriots were on their way to the playoffs. I think jet lag will play a huge role. Don't be surprised if there's 40 points scored in this game, and the Bears only get 13 of them. :(

My mother always told me "Make your words sweet, in case you have to eat them."

These are a bit bitter, but I'll be happy to eat them anyway. :D

Sorry for the off topic. Back to your regularly scheduled craziness.

Upvote 0
Yes! I would flip my shiznit if I found out that the phone I bought was already messed with, and to find a pic of a guy flipping me off would be the nail in the coffin. There is something about getting something new and unwrapping it yourself. Priceless. Its kinda like Christmas day when you were a kid(never mind that at 31 I'm still like that.:D) And about the whole quadrant thing. P3 has had the phone for a while already. Whats to say he hasnt already rooted it and installed set cpu and underclocked it just to purposely get a low score to get people talking. I mean that is what he does, right. I dont know just throwing it out there. But I dont really care either way, this phone is a beast and it will be mine on day 1. No matter what kinda liquid matter P3 spews out of his mouth from now until then!
Agree idc about quadrant that means nothing as long as the phone is smooth which seems to be the case from videos of the nexus.

Upvote 0

I've got 2 years on you and I'm still that way. (And if it's a small box I get even more excited cause it usually means electronics or jewelry) lol.

Great to know! I think I'll walk in with a bad-mood face so that they know not to trifle with me. :)

I prefer to walk in all chipper and smiles - they have no idea what hit them when I pull out BitchyBlues instead of the BabyBlues that walked in. ;):D

Upvote 0
When Verizon ships the phone, they require a signature so I've had to call UPS after tracking it and tell them i want to pick it up at the UPS hub on the way home. They certainly won't leave it on the doorstep, I have asked since my neighborhood is safe for the most part.

Easier just to roll over to the store and buy it. I'm going to tell the sales guy that I will handle putting my TB sim card into the new phone.

I'd much rather do it this way than have to hope that the delivery guy hasn't just left it on my stoop during the day.

But is anyone afraid of having the store employees play with it and then put it back in the box? I think I read somewhere a while back about a guy getting his Bionic and finding a picture of a Best Buy employee in it flipping off the camera.

Upvote 0
Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
WTH? Did I say I was suicidal? I have no idea where that little tiff came from.

Besides, I can't enjoy life right now because I'm at work. I don't see how being tired of mining the net for little nuggets of false/possibly true rumors means I should back the hell out and reevaluate my life.

Put the claws away, man. If you need to tell someone to leave just because they're a little tired of false rumors, I think your fuse is a little shorter than mine. :rolleyes:

I understood what you were implying Hans Cholo. You are now officially a battle hardened cell phone vet :)

Upvote 0
Anyone fear that Verizon will lock down GNex like they did with RAZR?

Verizon locks down phones; will it affect the Samsung Galaxy Nexus? | Android and Me

Panda said that Google will handle the updates to the GNex, directly; and that this was a "must have" term in the negotiations between Google and VZW.

this leads to my question (and i don't know the answer): would a locked BL prevent Google from issuing updates directly? in other words, if the BL was locked, would the updates HAVE to come from VZW? it seems to me that they are probably separate issues, but i just don't know...

given the system app list that was released a while back, there wasn't any vzw bloat on it. to me, that signals a pure Nexus device, with an unlocked BL.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones