• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep bouncing back and forth between this and the Vigor however, with the Vigors imminent release you would think there would be more chatter in that forum...but not so.

The level of interest for this phone is off the hook. This thread and I have a love/hate relationship. Here's hoping to an eventful week coming up.

Oh ~ am I the only one that's sick of these stupid poems...they tend to make things worse and I don't believe a damn word any of these jokers are saying.

Upvote 0
The NP announcement will the the smartphone Puppy Bowl. :)

The Puppy Bowl is something to behold, I tell ya :) I have a daughter and it's PB every year! Thank goodness for DVR...

I can foresee a whole bunch of us about peeing ourselves with excitement on October 11th as we count down the minutes to 10:30 Pacific Time... BTW apparently the event will be streamed live at androiddevelopers's Channel - YouTube and you KNOW I'll be parked in front of my 22" desktop screen for it! :D

Upvote 0
I understand that they have to try to stem the tide. The analogy which keeps coming to mind is any TV programming scheduled opposite the Superbowl. Sure the networks have to do their best, but except for a few people (myself in this analogy as well), the vast majority will watch the Big Game.

The NP announcement will the the smartphone Puppy Bowl. :)

Except while the Nexus Prime is the Puppy Bowl, Android is a large portion of the "other programming" which encompasses a total market share greater than the SuperBowl alone. Remember, it's not about a single phone outselling or out hyping the iPhone. That will never happen. If I'm Google, I absolutely get this thing announced before the next iPhone hits the shelves. You're not going to steal the iPhone faithful, but those contemplating a move due to what the next iPhone might offer over other current devices won't be swayed if the NP shows the next cutting edge Android experience phone. In two months, you're going to see sales figures posted about how the iPhone5 sold in droves. If Q4 market share numbers come out in January and Apple failed to close the gap in spite of the new release, guess what. Thunder --> stolen. :)

Upvote 0
A sucky Prime would give me an excuse to wait for the Galaxy Note, if that ends up coming to VZW.

A sucky Prime is extremely hard to imagine at this point in the game, but if it did suck, I can't see myself waiting that long for the Note. It's an awesome phone, but it just hit FCC for AT&T, is not expected until early next year (probably January), and who knows when or if it's coming to Verizon.

I'm so sick of the speculating and waiting game, I can't take another 3 or 4 months of it! :eek:

Firstly, on behalf of the staff of Android Forums, I want to warmly welcome you to our Nexus Prime madness thread. :p

Well that's a little unfair of you, isn't it. What about the the rest of the members of Android Forums? :p

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
Man, I missed a lot yesterday. Went on an all-day hike with no phone signal.

This Cellebrite thing has me really excited. I think release is imminent.

ExcitedCat.jpg

Upvote 0
Oh ~ am I the only one that's sick of these stupid poems...they tend to make things worse and I don't believe a damn word any of these jokers are saying.

Only reason I'm not really sick of them is the information. I do wish it wasn't so convoluted and made me feel slightly less like I was a child someone was toying with.

Upvote 0
Honestly, CPU and GPU mean very little to me. What I *really* want to see is:

1. Exceptional headphone jack sound quality.

2. Decent battery life. (14hrs +)

3. Loud, clear speaker. (>/= the OG Droid's)

4. Unlocked boot loader.

If these 4 things are achieved, I have more than enough faith everything else will be completely fine on the phone. I want my next phone, which will have to last me 1-2 years, to do a lot of the little things right.

Upvote 0
I'm in the same boat. Not sure when we will see LTE around these parts, but I would like my next phone to have the capabilities so that I'm prepared for it. If it's a phone worth keeping for however long it would take me to get LTE...;)
Richmond Norfolk Vig beach all are going live oct 20 i'v heard that Richmond is live now.

Upvote 0
On P3Droid's latest...

First, I wouldn't call it a poem. He uses code words to avoid more nastygrams from Samsung legal; didn't he receive the original leaked letter? Second, regardless of the "demand" for more followers before releasing information...I think that MUST have been tongue-in-cheek because the "tuna" clue IS real information. Nexus is out there on the web, folks! Apparently it's so awesome users are being brought to tears... (from another conversation in P3's twitter posts).

Anyway, I guess I'm easy to please because I really appreciate the tidbits that we get, even if they have to resort to really bad poetry to get it out there.

Happy Saturday!

Upvote 0
Honestly, CPU and GPU mean very little to me. What I *really* want to see is:

1. Exceptional headphone jack sound quality.

2. Decent battery life. (14hrs +)

3. Loud, clear speaker. (>/= the OG Droid's)

4. Unlocked boot loader.

If these 4 things are achieved, I have more than enough faith everything else will be completely fine on the phone. I want my next phone, which will have to last me 1-2 years, to do a lot of the little things right.
I agree you totally with the point about the little things. I would give up battery life in your list for a more than decent camera; but that's my personal preference. I got used to plugging in my OG Droid (RIP) several times a day.:rolleyes: The one point that is pretty much guaranteed is the unlocked bootloader...you WILL get that on the Nexus.

Please Sammy don't disappoint.

Upvote 0
I think most people are sick of the poem garbage. P3Droid said he wouldn't release any info until he got 10,000 followers. Since his epic announcement, I think his followers have increased by 20 or 30 people.

Just to clear this ordeal up. P3Droid was doing a parody on the other poem and tweeted that he was joking about the whole 10,000 followers thing but that the poem did contain real info. He's a bit dramatic with his news, but he has very good sources.

Just caught this article from a Tweet:

Samsung releases 1.5GHz Exynos processor and 16MP CMOS for mobiles, if you're nice -- Engadget

A special customer will be receiving these in Q4...hmmmm...could it be? Hey...this is a speculation thread so why not? :)

p.s. I know that the new exynos processor was linked a couple of pages back. The 16MP cmos is new news though...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones