• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to know how to order?
All you have to do is go to the verizon website and, even if you've already signed up for the email list, do a search on "Rezound". On the email sign-up page, Verizon will "snipe" you with a chat window. If you're so-inclined, they'll let you order one. Kind of a silent early release. Found by accident earlier today.

Wow, that actually worked.

Upvote 0
Hmm, anyone tried yet with the GNex?

I try it every day Antimony, they still have no idea what I'm talking about.

Then i just act stupid and ask another question about my account.

It worked for me once. a long time ago. Can't remember what phone it was but i had it days before anyone else ( as far as I knew)...

but i'll keep trying !!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info missed that on my journey home.

Random and off topic.

By the way, was watching a show in the UK last night and they had an interesting fact about antimony, which you may or may not know. Back in the day, it was known as being quite an effective laxative. People would take an antimony pellet which remained in tact while passing through the body.

After excreting the pellet the user would clean it off to be used again because it was relatively expensive. It wasn't uncommon for the pellet to be passed through the generations.

Just something for you to think about there :)

Off topic reply:
My high school girlfriend gave me this SN, as SB are my initials, and it just kind of stuck. But thanks for calling me an excrement covered pellet! Now I see why we declared our independence!

Too Soon? ;)

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
hehehe 1984 is one of my fav books. :)

Off topic
Someone is going to have to kidnap me - tell family and friends you will return me once I have been caught up on classic pop culture
I have never seen any Star Trek / Star Wars. Nor have I seen any Godfather movie. Or Jaws. Or any of the Friday the 13th Movies (those would be because I don't do horror movies). Never read 1984. Or most of the 'classics' that I've seen tossed about - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy being one that I can think of off the top of my head.

On Topic -

if it wasn't for finding this little Crazy Corner I would probably be waiting for the 14th to order my Rehound and gone on just as unhappy but not knowing what else to do about it as I was before.

So a big thanks to teaching me all this fun stuff!!!!

Upvote 0
I try it every day Antimony, they still have no idea what I'm talking about.

Then i just act stupid and ask another question about my account.

It worked for me once. a long time ago. Can't remember what phone it was but i had it days before anyone else ( as far as I knew)...

but i'll keep trying !!!!!!!

Make sure you let us know if it works, you will be the most thanked man in the thread (after Steven's OP, maybe).

Upvote 0
Public Service Announcement:

I've decided to take it upon myself to fly in the face of conventional rumor and post the release date of the SGN according to the date our Source gave us. I've update the OP title and the countdown timer.

Steven

I noticed - it made me very happy too!

Can someone tell me what the joke is with calling it the "ReHound"??

Am I a little slow...?

None of us is thrilled with the name Rezound. You will see many variations here - Rehound, Refatty, Re.....
I think I can speak for most of us in here that Vigor was the name we heard first, loved it and can't believe someone went with Rezound.

Upvote 0
So what are the chances that Steven's source just hasn't seen/heard of the 21st web only release date? It seems like if it really is the 17th, we would know for SURE through Big Red toda or tomorrow...1 weeks notice seems to be the bare minimum to get an official word on a phones release.
Actually, I don't know exactly which phones but I know on a few phones VZW has waited until like the night before to actually announce them...

Anyone know which phones??

Reactions: Travillion
Upvote 0
So what are the chances that Steven's source just hasn't seen/heard of the 21st web only release date? It seems like if it really is the 17th, we would know for SURE through Big Red toda or tomorrow...1 weeks notice seems to be the bare minimum to get an official word on a phones release.

Not really, there have been instances where phones were announced just two days before their release. There's really no pattern to Verizon's releases outside of Thursdays.

I believe it was the Droid 3 and Fascinate that had short notice (less than one week) announcements but I'm probably wrong on those.

Upvote 0

I've decided to take it upon myself to fly in the face of conventional rumor and post the release date of the SGN according to the date our Source gave us. I've update the OP title and the countdown timer.

Steven

I'm starting to think that Steven is changing the date every other day just to get his "thanks" number up. :p

Upvote 0

Steven

Thanks for showing courage, unfortunately I think it's going to come back to bite you. Then again you seem like a good enough guy and mod, that no one's going to get their pitchforks out if the source is wrong.

Upvote 0

Not really, the vast majority of phones on VZW only get one or two days notice.

Reactions: Travillion
Upvote 0
Actually, I don't know exactly which phones but I know on a few phones VZW has waited until like the night before to actually announce them...

Anyone know which phones??

Not really, there have been instances where phones were announced just two days before their release. There's really no pattern to Verizon's releases outside of Thursdays.

I believe it was the Droid 3 and Fascinate that had short notice (less than one week) announcements but I'm probably wrong on those.

Not really, the vast majority of phones on VZW only get one or two days notice.

While I also agree with this, a phone THIS big getting a one or two day before release announcement? I don't know, I mean I know Verizon is tight lipped about the release dates of their phones, but being able to keep official word from the public is a hard thing to do, I just don't see it happening. Thats just my opinion though, not questioning Steven and his source, just throwing in my 2 cents.

Upvote 0
While I also agree with this, a phone THIS big getting a one or two day before release announcement? I don't know, I mean I know Verizon is tight lipped about the release dates of their phones, but being able to keep official word from the public is a hard thing to do, I just don't see it happening. Thats just my opinion though, not questioning Steven and his source, just throwing in my 2 cents.

The Bionic was like this. So was the Revolution. I am thinking a tuesday morning announcement. I think they have in exceptional amount of pressure to keep this one quiet, since it will steal VZW app business if customers who were about to buy a RAZR or Rezound hold off cause they know this is dropping in the next few days.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones