• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Official help my dumba$$ return to stock D18 thread

Razor_Love

Lurker
Dec 22, 2010
Hey Guys, wonderful forum here full of great members. I wanted to start a thread to help out peeps like me that can be updated with questions and answers. Since the hopefully official FroYo update is set for Dec 26 , and most of us went ahead a updated to DK28 , I thought out would be a good idea to start a thread to encompass all of the predicaments that one of us is in and the steps being requested to getting back to DI18. Here is my situation:

I was stock DI18, I did the samsung recovery to update.zip to DK28. Now, can the good people here tell me how, with the most current and up to date links ;) on how to get back to DI18 stock without having to ROOT?

I thank you all :)

My suggestion to you and everyone thinking of doing this on the heels of the latest "news" is to wait. If you're already on DK28 and it's working okay for you, there's no reason to rush and downgrade based on yet another rumor. If on the 26th they actually start pushing the OTA update and by the 27th or 28th everyone is reporting smooth sailing with the OTA update, then click on the post about the DK28 release and you'll find all the instructions you need for downgrading.

You'll still be able to get the OTA update outside of the four day windown they are quoting and you won't be missing anything if you're already on DK28 and it's working for you.

Reactions: Razor_Love
Upvote 0
Reactions: Razor_Love
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones