• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just called Verizon:

Me: Hello I've been having trouble with my phone and would like a new one - can you check If I'm eligible for an upgrade (I already know I am)

Her: Yes you are eligible, any phone in particular that you're interested in?

Me: I'd like to place an order for the htc incredible right away as I need a new phone.

Her: (voice tone becomes more hushed and rushed) - oh I don't see anything about that smartphone in our system

Me: I see, how long before launch do you know about a phone?

Her: Usually we know a month before, as with the droid and eris.

Me: KTHANKSBYE

It's odd that they knew about the droid way before but know nothing about the incredible days before it's anticipated release.
How did she know it was a smartphone? You never mentioned it. She'e lying.

BTW, my first post.

Upvote 0
I guess it's not all about megapixels...the Droid takes quite good pictures. Thoughts?:D

it's not all about megapixels. it's about light and the quality of the sensor.

all cell phone camera sensors are of relatively low quality. In a sensor of the same physical size, a LOWER pixel count is BETTER than a high pixel count. Each physical pixel sensor will be LARGER in a 5mp sensor vs an 8mp sensor, and therefore able to take in more light.. which will produce better pictures and more accurate colors in all but the brightest light outdoor situations.

a darker 8mp picture with duller colors and less contrast?

or a more vivid and clear 5mp shot?

Upvote 0
I expected suspicion with no pictures, yes. Hell, I'd be lying if I said I didn't. But it was just one of those situations where the atmosphere was electric to possibly be THAT CLOSE to a device that I have literally had dreams over, and have researched the web for HOURS trying to find any damn scrap of information on it - and then to have to be there right next to the box which could have at least one Incredible phone inside of it!!! When I stumbled upon DevDroidian's twitter pics of it a few weeks ago, I was literally shaking as I posted them here. So, believe me, I know where you're coming from for me to go on about a taped up box and have nothing but my typed word as evidence of it. We're good, bud. You just pushed me a bit too far over something that frustrated me a lot more than anyone else here. Trust me, had my VZW friend not been in the room, that box would DAMN sure have been opened!! All I'm trying to do is help out any way that I can here. We all have the exact same goal in this crazy, long, mind-draining game. And it damn sure better have one INCREDIBLE outcome!!

P.S. Sorry that I misspelled your name in my original post.

Amen. If my man-part(s) ever somehow found their way into Megan Fox's woman-part(s), I probably wouldn't stop to take a picture either. Even though there'd be millions who probably would love to see it :D

Upvote 0
So today an employee (and I'm pretty sure he was the manager) at our OTHER VZW store in town (because it's necessary to have two, right?) tried telling me that the N1 would be sold in store because "it would be stupid of them not to. It would only hurt themselves" (Google). He also went on to say not to expect the Incredible anytime soon because the Eris has not been out a full year, and that for some reason makes a new release impossible by the same manufacturer of a similar device? He didn't sound very convincing however...

On an interesting note - he also mentioned it as the "Eris 2" one time. Thoughts?

Upvote 0
it's not all about megapixels. it's about light and the quality of the sensor.

all cell phone camera sensors are of relatively low quality. In a sensor of the same physical size, a LOWER pixel count is BETTER than a high pixel count. Each physical pixel sensor will be LARGER in a 5mp sensor vs an 8mp sensor, and therefore able to take in more light.. which will produce better pictures and more accurate colors in all but the brightest light outdoor situations.

a darker 8mp picture with duller colors and less contrast?

or a more vivid and clear 5mp shot?

Exactly. I'd settle for 2mp if they looked as good as a Digital Elph...

Upvote 0
I Know that people are probably not going to want to hear this, and I have been trying to post for about a week but something is F'ed up with phandroid password system.(so this is my first post under a new name) I recently started working at a verizon premium dealer and we have the power to go into their system and check inventory of all phone. To make a long story short, I didn't see the incredible in the inventory at all, nor cellbrite. I believe that it exist, but when is the big question. I am a phone and tech freak just like you guys but seriously, ( and I not trying to rain on anyone's parade) can you think of a single phone that has been kept this secret, a day or week before it's supposed launch.

Upvote 0
Okay, so why the hell aren't we putting more pressure on Anonimac!! Here's THERE AT CTIA, people! In Vegas! Right now!! We have our own spy ON LOCATION! How much are we paying him again?!?!? ;)

Anonimac seems to be impervious to pressure. I was the one who asked about having a spy and smoked him out. I sent him a PM..no answer. I put up a post.. no answer.

So, yeah, go ahead and berate him, call him all sorts of names and threaten his life. I really don't think he is the type of person who really cares too much. He'll give us the infos when he's ready.

WE LOVE YOU ANON! :D

Reactions: Anonimac
Upvote 0
I Know that people are probably not going to want to hear this, and I have been trying to post for about a week but something is F'ed up with phandroid password system.(so this is my first post under a new name) I recently started working at a verizon premium dealer and we have the power to go into their system and check inventory of all phone. To make a long story short, I didn't see the incredible in the inventory at all, nor cellbrite. I believe that it exist, but when is the big question. I am a phone and tech freak just like you guys but seriously, ( and I not trying to rain on anyone's parade) can you think of a single phone that has been kept this secret, a day or week before it's supposed launch.

Assuming that this means no incredible, what will be Verizon's big news during the CTIA? I mean surely they will not go without something!!!
:eek::thinking::mad:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones