• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys may be barking up the wrong tree. PB31200 is still an unknown CDMA device (Verizon or Sprint). PB76100 is the new FCC filing that is the Legend. However this filing is a GSM device. So it's more likely going to AT&T or T-Mobile.

So, I'm still holding out that the PB31200 is a Verizon phone. Please let it be the Incredible!!! :thinking:

I'm too lazy to look it up, but isn't PB31200 the one with the smallish Eris-sized battery?

Upvote 0
I think we're going to be hearing very soon (like any hour now) about the next VZ HTC.... Incredible or whatever.... just based on the info and increased chatter going on now... and no, there is no way they are going to sit on the droid and eris while everyone else gets the new stuff.. I just don't believe that. The question is March/April or May/June.

Upvote 0
I think we're going to be hearing very soon (like any hour now) about the next VZ HTC.... Incredible or whatever.... just based on the info and increased chatter going on now... and no, there is no way they are going to sit on the droid and eris while everyone else gets the new stuff.. I just don't believe that. The question is March/April or May/June.

Has there really been a lot of chatter going on, or just in this forum? I think a lot of speculation is being done, but again, Verizon has not released any information (Although it appears other Carriers have begun to do that).

I just wouldn't get my hopes up in hearing something in the next hours when Verizon hasn't said anything.

So far we are really going off the leaked video of a sprint employee, a Best Buy person saying it will be on sale 3/7, and a FCC filing that looks like a verizon phone. No confirmed information at this point.

Upvote 0
You guys may be barking up the wrong tree. PB31200 is still an unknown CDMA device (Verizon or Sprint). PB76100 is the new FCC filing that is the Legend. However this filing is a GSM device. So it's more likely going to AT&T or T-Mobile.

So, I'm still holding out that the PB31200 is a Verizon phone. Please let it be the Incredible!!! :thinking:

Thanks, I knew I heard something about that filing and then it dissapeared. Like your Name by the way..:D

Upvote 0
Has there really been a lot of chatter going on, or just in this forum? I think a lot of speculation is being done, but again, Verizon has not released any information (Although it appears other Carriers have begun to do that).

thats what I meant... basing on other carriers as well as the verizon splash on the red-back incredible.... but I hear you.

Upvote 0
Hmmmm.... I noticed that the Desire comes with a 1400mAh battery, which is just a little more than the Eris' 1300mAh one. I can't help but wonder that by running a faster processor and a bigger, brighter screen that the Desire's battery will ultimately face the same shortcomings as the Eris'? We ALL know the horror stories of the Eris battery... this could be interesting! And with the prevalent thought that the Incredible's red back plate is shaped that way to be able to hold a bigger battery... maybe we'll win in this department!! Your thoughts?

Upvote 0
this has gone on so long I forget what I used to know.... just reading the phone arena slant on the BGR desire/ATT thing... and they say the N1 is set to come to VZ in March.... boy it may be hard to resist it if the incredible isn't announced by then... or if we find out the wait is until June for the incredible... yah, I think I'd go N1 if that was the case.

Upvote 0
this has gone on so long I forget what I used to know.... just reading the phone arena slant on the BGR desire/ATT thing... and they say the N1 is set to come to VZ in March.... boy it may be hard to resist it if the incredible isn't announced by then... or if we find out the wait is until June for the incredible... yah, I think I'd go N1 if that was the case.

If Verizon is doing that (Releasing the Incredible much later than the N1), then they are either stupid, don't care which phone sells because it doesn't matter to them as long as people stay with them, or are expecting people to be reluctant to go with the N1 because of lack of support, no family plan use, or no NE2 and are willing to wait a few more months.

Upvote 0
this has gone on so long I forget what I used to know.... just reading the phone arena slant on the BGR desire/ATT thing... and they say the N1 is set to come to VZ in March.... boy it may be hard to resist it if the incredible isn't announced by then... or if we find out the wait is until June for the incredible... yah, I think I'd go N1 if that was the case.[

I agree that it would be really hard to resist the n1 if it comes out significantly earlier than the incredible. I'd prefer to not have to root an n1 but idk how much longer I can wait for a new phone. I do really love the look of the n1 too.

Upvote 0
....cuz giving information earlier than needed to "pick up street cred" is such a successful business model....

Haha, never said street cred was part of any business model. AT&T announces it is picking up the Desire today, so tomorrow Verizon states it is carrying the Incredible; an equally fast and slick device that causes a stir and steals the spotlight away from AT&T. VZW has certainly tried to go toe-to-toe with AT&T on a number of fronts; The Droid as an iPhone killer, the "is there an app for that" commercials, the coverage commercials, etc. I would have to give VZW credit for doing something like dropping specs and a release date on the internet the day after AT&T did the same. I wouldnt call that releasing information earlier than needed either. Why wouldnt it want to hype up a device like the Incredible?

Upvote 0
I think we can now assume that the HTC model that passed through FCC PB31200 is the Hero 2 / aka Legend coming to Sprint and not the Incredible. Boygeniusreport is stating that Sprint is getting it. Since this battery is the same as the Legend I'm drawing the conclusion that PB31200 is the Hero2 for Sprint.

More bad news for Verizon owners.... This article also mentions the Desire is coming stateside to....you guessed it AT&T.

AT&T picking up HTC Desire, Sprint grabbing HTC Hero2 Boy Genius Report

I came here tom post this ... i could be wrong but looks like vzw is not taking this one .... :( I just love the way this phone looks .... HTC DESIRE is so fing hot

Upvote 0
i know this is my first post so people will probably come out and call BS on me (i read these boards regularly) but I have a buddy who got an semi-concrete answer straight from a HTC rep. Incredible will be in US in April on VZ. They also noted it was scheduled for a march release, but just recently got pushed back (didn't say why). So take it with a grain of salt. I personally am losing my mind waiting.....

A push back could be they are waiting on Flash 10.1 and for it to be HD ready right out of the gate. Also, since Sprint is getting the Hero 2 then just maybe the Incredible is like the Supersonic but with wifi.

Upvote 0
I was passing by the walmart electronics department and the Verizon Rep was there changing some signing. I asked her if she was there bringing the Incredible and she gave me the deer in the head light look.HAHA. She said I never heard of that phone but I just got the Devour yesterday 2/22/2010 and being trained on it for us to start selling it the 25th but not sure when walmart will get. This just confirms the Reps find out about a new phone 3 days before release.

Also, the rep said that Verizon is bringing out 20 smartphones this year but she never heard of the Incredible.

Upvote 0
I think we can now assume that the HTC model that passed through FCC PB31200 is the Hero 2 / aka Legend coming to Sprint and not the Incredible. Boygeniusreport is stating that Sprint is getting it. Since this battery is the same as the Legend I'm drawing the conclusion that PB31200 is the Hero2 for Sprint.

More bad news for Verizon owners.... This article also mentions the Desire is coming stateside to....you guessed it AT&T.

AT&T picking up HTC Desire, Sprint grabbing HTC Hero2 Boy Genius Report

This is the end of the road for me. If the Verizon Nexus One is equally as restrictive in support and availability as the T-Mobile version, by summer time I just might end up an AT&T customer. Never thought it would come to this. The Desire is absolutely beautiful and rounds out as a Nexus One with perks. The limited shots of the Incredible have been disappointing, as has been the delays getting it pushed to market. If it really is delayed until April, it'll only be a few short weeks until the Desire hits on AT&T. Well, Verizon, I just might be back when LTE takes off. Sorry. You lose.

Upvote 0
I'll agree with you that the Incredible will most likely be a Verizon exclusive. Not sure but isn't that how all of HTC's CDMA devices have been thus far? Just for fun I will challenge you though on the likelihood of it being better than the Desire. Verizon hasn't really been known for being on the cutting edge of phones (yeah, I'm still rocking a Venus). :) I'm hoping this is the time though!

Motorola DROID, Blackberry Storm (it wasn't a great phone really, but it was definitely cutting edge). I say that lately Verizon has been MUCH better at having cutting edge exclusive phones and I think that the Incredible will further build on this trend.

Upvote 0
it just seems like verizon doesnt have any 'wow' phones.. maybe more recently with the addition of the droid people have turned their heads some but they just dont have any phones that i feel someone would switch carriers for. iphone case in point. i know sooooo many people that have dumped verizon and other carriers just to get that phone. now they are saying at&t is gettin teh desire as well??

even if the incredible is exclusive how can it be so drastically different that its exclusivity will matter? oooohhh that phone has a funky back plate i need it so bad!!!! id bet money on the fact that the incredible will have almost identical specs as the desire, so this phone being exclusive doesnt make much difference.

Upvote 0
Really hoping the incredible comes out soon and lives up to its name. Currently on an original enV and my NE2 has been available since april. At first I was waiting for the Storm2 but then the android phones starting getting announced and the droid looked pretty good but not really what I wanted. The incredible looks like it my finally be the smartphone I'm looking for.

Upvote 0
anybody get the Bestbuy email today, talking about how they can get you upgraded early? Catch the line about the verizon smartphone lineup being incredible? It's on my work email so i don't have access to it right now, cant remember the exact wording but they did refer to the smartphones as being incredible. Sure it's nothing, but it did make me look twice!

Upvote 0
Motorola DROID, Blackberry Storm (it wasn't a great phone really, but it was definitely cutting edge). I say that lately Verizon has been MUCH better at having cutting edge exclusive phones and I think that the Incredible will further build on this trend.

I hope you're right about the future. Two headline phones over the course of about a year and a half put it slightly ahead of Sprint at this point, even then you could argue that the Hero and the Pre were just as significant. Just bummed about the "news" today. I'd love to start hearing about some new phones that (1) aren't headed to AT&T/T-Mobile and (2) don't start with "D" and end in "evour"

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones