• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OK Now I had To Leave Handset #5 At Sprint Service Im Sooo Mad..

Five friggen phones and NONE of them have worked right. I had to leave the phone with them for a re flash and they have no idea why the phone wont update OTA. They also told me the most recent update was PULLED and NOT to download it from another site. Contrary to what was said in a letter here from Sprint about Google servers yadda yadda, I was told by service the latest update was pulled because of bugs and will re appear as an OTA in about a month.

I gotta say, I'm seriously confused. So far, there are like 3 people who have had to "replace their phones 5 times" on this forum and suddenly "everyone" has had this problem. Mine worked right from the box. Yes, the first few days the battery sucked. But that's the only problem I've had and it's resolved itself. I'm getting 14-16 hours a day, regular usage of txts, phone calls, and watching movies (about an hours worth) throughout the day using the blutooth headset. I'm still going with my original opinion that it's user idiocracy. Ya go from a Motorola cheapie that lasts 3 weeks without a charge to a real phone and wonder why the battery don't last forever. What else is wrong with the phone? Really. UL/DL speeds? Seriously? Are you playing WOW on the darned thing? What are you doing with the thing that the UL/DL speeds make THAT much of a difference? If after the first trade in you still haven't figured out how to use the damned thing, get your money back and switch to a nice cheap Virgin mobile or go BOOST. You'll be happier.

Oh, sidenote: If Sprint is saying it needs replaced, they say that to shut you up and make you feel like they're doing something. I worked in the business since Sprint first exhisted. As a Radio Shack employee (years ago) I bought the very first phone they ever sold in my area. If we gave you a "new phone" it was to shut you up till you figured out how to use the phone. I repackaged yours and sold it again. And if you fall for "5" replacements, you don't deserve the phone.

As for the OTA updates: They friggin come when they come. Just because someone in SoCal got theirs, doesn't mean you should have gotten yours at the very same second. It may take a day or so to appear, but it will. And I was wondering why you had to take the other 4 phones back. Did the screen fall off? Did the slider not slide as smoothly as you Thought it should? Did the phone not make phone calls? And you took your phone back because the OTA update didn't happen instantly????? Seriously???

Sorry to be mean, but it needed to be said.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones