• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root One click Root!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran this on a brand new phone, it was just delivered this afternoon, talk about awesome timing thank you.
It worked first time no problem, the instructions are so easy a blind man can do it.
I left the SD card OUT I think that may help anyone that is having trouble.
When you run this do not be fooled by it saying error shabbypenguin is not a ... what ever the rest of it said, just keep hitting "anykey" when it tells you to.

Upvote 0
im on the nexus s 4g, after the epic this phone is amazing. still trying to convince decad3nce to switch over :p
I was trying to get Deca to get the Shift when he picked up his new phone. CM on the NS4G could use Deca's support though.

My buddy (who also had a HeroC as long as me) just picked up the NS4G & is loving it. I'm tossed between the Shift, NS4G (wasn't considering it till mu buddy gone one) or the SGS2 when it comes to Sprint, but I will require CM support, which is unknown at this point with the SGS2 phones...

Upvote 0
I was trying to get Deca to get the Shift when he picked up his new phone. CM on the NS4G could use Deca's support though.

My buddy (who also had a HeroC as long as me) just picked up the NS4G & is loving it. I'm tossed between the Shift, NS4G (wasn't considering it till mu buddy gone one) or the SGS2 when it comes to Sprint, but I will require CM support, which is unknown at this point with the SGS2 phones...

nah nemith has joeykrim, netarchy and spiicytuna all helping. afaik the only things need to be done are make a cm7 kernel for it (they currently use the aosp based one from google) 4g toggle, and sprintmenu.apk

the sprint within seems very promising but due to unseen events i was forced back to my heroc without an sdcard.. it was just torture :p hence why i didnt just wait it out for the nexus 3. the shift is a good phone but honestly at this point i wouldnt consider it much of an option, you know toast is going to get cm on the evo3d ;) the ns4g has what honestly could be considered a stable. who knows tho with the new developments on cm7 on the epic i wouldnt be surprised if cm supported the sgs2 fully due to the rising samsung devs

carben i told you to stop spamming earlier.. if you cant figure out a 1 click or on how to click on the link in my sig that says prevail then you really prolly shouldnt be rooting...

Upvote 0
ok im new too i have wanted to root this phone sence day one i dont know much but i am retarted you can say ok i got windows 7 and i have pda net installed on my phone ok that mean i have download somthing from samsung to my computer to make it work... ok what is my next step with windows 7 i have my phone on debugging now what do i down load please help i will donate fast

Upvote 0
nah nemith has joeykrim, netarchy and spiicytuna all helping. afaik the only things need to be done are make a cm7 kernel for it (they currently use the aosp based one from google) 4g toggle, and sprintmenu.apk

the sprint within seems very promising but due to unseen events i was forced back to my heroc without an sdcard.. it was just torture :p hence why i didnt just wait it out for the nexus 3. the shift is a good phone but honestly at this point i wouldnt consider it much of an option, you know toast is going to get cm on the evo3d ;) the ns4g has what honestly could be considered a stable. who knows tho with the new developments on cm7 on the epic i wouldnt be surprised if cm supported the sgs2 fully due to the rising samsung devs
As far as I know the only official maintainer for the NS4G was Koush, I can't been told otherwise from the powers above. Toastcfh will only be able to get CM on the E3D is the bootloader is unlocked, and really I wouldn't want the E3D, or as I call it, the super clown phone. Keeps comments about the Epic, the SGS2 & CM to self....

Upvote 0
is the video going to be on youtube or what ?

You dont need a video for this.

-Download and install the Samsung USB drivers for your computer.
-Put your phone in USB debugging mode - settings>applications>Development>USB debugging
-Unmount and remove SD card
-Download and unzip root files and run the .bat file
It will go through the process to root your phone. If it doesn't work, reboot the phone and try again.
**May take a number of times before it works**

Not sure your phone is rooted?
To check if your phone is rooted, download "Root Checker" from the android market
Root Checker

Download superuser after your phone is rooted to Grant and manage Superuser rights for your phone.
Superuser

Use Titanium Backup to backup and uninstall unwanted apps (be sure you don't uninstall the wrong apps)
Titanium Backup

Google is your friend.

Upvote 0
That's not from rooting. The boost 3g network is spotty at best. Even before I rooted my phone it would run fine then go incredibly slow then fine again then slow.

Yes I'm aware it is not that great but it now takes more than 45seconds just to load the plain ol' google search page.

And this is from my home where it has been decent since the day I got the phone.

Upvote 0
Why dont you make a video of how to do it?:d

I deleted all of your subsequent posts (all asking about making a video on how to perform this root). Your posts are not helpful and are disrupting the thread. Please don't troll. Consider this an official warning.

I've deleted some of the responses to carben24's posts to keep the thread clean. PM me if this becomes a problem again.

Reactions: Necrotoxin
Upvote 0
anyone figured out what is ok to uninstall yet?
first android and i'm afraid of uninstalling something needed right now..

also, thanks a lot to the op and whoever else was involved.

uninstalled the following and havent had a problem...yet...:
home screen tips 1.0
layar 4.0.5
scvngr 3.5.7.spr
telenav gps navigator 6.1.6201406
twidroyd 5.0.4

Upvote 0
I keep getting this when running the prevailtoexistence.Bat file:

PLEASE REMOVE SD CARD PRIOR TO USE
PRESS ENTER WHEN DONE
You need to enable usb degubbing first
Press any key to continue . . .
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
193 KB/s (6143 bytes in 0.031s)
reboot: Operation not permitted
[*] CVE-2010-743C Android local root exploit (C) 2010 743C
[*] The Android Exploid Crew Gentlemens club - dominating robots since 2008.
[*] Donate to 7-4-3-C@web.de if you like
[*]Modified by interdpth for the prevail and possibly other phones
[+] Found prop area @ 0x40000000
[*] : 0
[+] ro.secure resetted to 0
[*] Restarting adb. Please reconnect for rootshell (adb kill-server; adb -d shel
l).
Wait for phone to reconnect...
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
mount: Operation not permitted
161 KB/s (4292 bytes in 0.026s)
Copying files onto phone...
failed to copy 'su' to '/system/xbin/su': No such file or directory
failed to copy 'Superuser.apk' to '/system/app/Superuser.apk': Read-only file sy
stem
failed to copy 'busybox' to '/system/xbin/busybox': No such file or directory
failed to copy 'remount' to '/system/xbin/remount': No such file or directory
Setting permissions...
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/remount: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
link failed Read-only file system
Installing busybox...
/system/xbin/busybox: not found
Cleaning up files...
reboot: Operation not permitted
"You should have root!"
Press any key to continue . . .

I do not Have root though and I have the sd card unmounted and removed...Thanks
and I have tried rebooting and closing non essential programs

Update: Nevermind..Teach me to not read all the way down to the bottom of the readme file
All I had to do was reboot and open the .bat file while the samsung logo was on the screen...Thanks

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones