• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Oneclick root for 2.2 OTA

imronburgundy

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2010
Is there a way to oneclick root for the ota 2.2 yet? I've tried 100 times to do the method on droid life and the droid 2 method but my F#&$!ng windows vista is a piece of crap and I cant get my phone to connect via usb debugging. Plus when I download the sdk, there isn't an installer included to actually install the sdk to my computer. Mahhhh!!! Why can't these developers use Mac software instead of crappy windows?:mad:

Upvote 0
Reactions: colchiro
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm rooted on OTA 2.2! Weeks ago when I first downloaded android sdk it screwed up my drivers so I had to delete it and reinstall the drivers to get my computer to recognize my phone. This time when I downloaded the sdk my pc was recognizing my phone so I didn't realize it messed up one of the drivers needed for this root process. long story short, a couple hours wasted earlier trying to root then 5 mins tonight after I checked the drivers and reinstalled them

Upvote 0
Same thing happened to me. It hung. I unplugged the usb from my phone, the dos prompt told me to reconnect. I did and it finished. Finicky! ;)

that's an actual step that is supposed to be done. you can also, instead of just unplugging, pull down the notification bar, click usb connected, and re-select pc mode (or whatever mode you are using).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones