Last Updated:

1. huskerkurt

huskerkurt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. tcv

tcv Well-Known Member

3. chaoscentral

chaoscentral Well-Known Member

wait did u really expect them to sell the most powerful android phone for 350 off contract?

4. epvq30

epvq30 Member

get a nexus1 b4 a captivate.

5. NOSintake

NOSintake Well-Known Member

*sigh* Looks like I'm either talking to Customer Service in the morning, or fighting for the $350 in store

6. c0ld29

c0ld29 Member

I talked to the online chat help and basically tried swindling her into giving me the 350 price continuously saying it was told on the facebook and twitter accounts and it looked like she was going to cave in, but then said that she isn't available to get just the phone for me online (which if you try to buy the captivate off contract you can't online, I tried many times) and that it would be up to the individual retail stores to set the off contract price.

7. tcv

tcv Well-Known Member

I'd expect them to show some respect to the customers that constantly put up with AT&T's shit and honor the price that was advertised by them for over a week. It doesn't have anything to do with the price, 499 actually isn't bad, it has everything to do with them lying to everybody and changing the price.

8. emuneee

emuneee Well-Known Member

And its up for AT&T Premier customers as well. I can keep my unlimited plan ($30 - unlimited data/text) too. :D

If I can't get it tomorrow in a store, online is my backup option.

huskerkurt likes this.
  9. huskerkurt

Radioshack and Wirefly also have ordering up. No commitment pricing from Radioshack is $599.99 and Wirefly is $559.99.

Wirefly does have $50 off for new subscribers and those upgrading on a primary line, $149.99. For someone like me, upgrading from add-on line on family plan, it's still $199.99.

10. NOSintake

That price was for a 2 year agreement though wasn't it? That's the only price I saw

11. huskerkurt

Glad to see that, I'm an AT&T Premier customer as well, and I hopped in to my account to check to make sure everything would work right for me tomorrow, and when I clicked to upgrade my account, the Captivate was nowhere to be found. I was worried I was going to have issues upgrading, guess I just needed to wait a few more minutes for them to get it up on there.

12. emuneee

emuneee Well-Known Member

Yep, $199.99

13. jmreed97

jmreed97 Well-Known Member

Their account login isn't working... Damn! I'm in Hawaii right now anyways and don't want it to get to my house until next Friday. But I can't wait for this phone!

14. NOSintake

Right, so how can you keep your unlimited data? I'm new to the premier accounts, so I'm not exactly sure how they work.

15. Balthazar B

Balthazar B Member

You keep your unlimited data by purchasing the phone through the plan you're on, and not making any changes to it.

16. peterpp

peterpp Well-Known Member

At Walmart it is FREE w contract and w/o contract $229.99. I just ordered mine and it will be here in 2 days. I called all the Walmarts near me but their cell phone dept. was not opened yet. I wonder how much it is at the store.

17. mrcamp

mrcamp Well-Known Member

I am on the media max 200 plan. Will I be able to keep this plan using this phone? I plan on purchasing via premier. I'd rather get this one than the Iphone if I can keep my data plan.

18. Markdek

Markdek Well-Known Member

I went to Walmart's site and saw no off-contract price, and the free price requires a more expensive contract...

EDIT: My Bad...I found it...holly cow!

19. keredini

keredini Well-Known Member

For others who can't find it:

Walmart Connection Center - Browse for Cell Phones

Make sure the purchase type dropdown is set to phone only...It's at $229, cheaper than the Backflop :eek:

Wonder if my corp store will price match and give me back $120 :D:D

20. peterpp

Get it before they realize it's a pricing mistake.

21. NOSintake

I'd much rather pick this up in store, but I have a feeling my little Walmart won't have it for some time, but maaaan, I can't wait to play with this. Just added my data plan on AT&T. I didn't have one before, but I'd rather be safe than sorry (paying per kb). This is perfect, it should be here by the time I get back from my trip. Can't thank you people enough. I really thought I was going to have to chew someone out at AT&T Customer Service about the $350 price, but I'll gladly keep my mouth shut for $229.

22. peterpp

The stores I called they said they had it in stock but the cell phone salesperson doesn't come in before 10am, so I went ahead and ordered it online before they change the price.

23. mrcamp

mrcamp Well-Known Member

So, this (at $229) will not extend the contract at all, even though it asks for the last 4 of social and current AT&T number?

24. peterpp

I also went to my neighborhood Walmart last night and they had the Captivate on display as "Galaxy S" without any other info.

25. voogru

voogru Active Member

This kind of pricing mistake will probably result in the order being canceled and you getting a refund, don't give your hopes up until the phone is in your hand.