• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Online ordering up for AT&T

I hope this works, cause I just ordered it....I'm on an existing contract w/ ATT, and I hope to just put the SIM card in and I'l be good to go...I did call ATT and they said an ATT LetsTalk phone should/will work with an ATT contract....We'll see. Anyone have an real experience with this?

EDIT: no email confirmation for me yet! 10am EST.

Upvote 0
I hope this works, cause I just ordered it....I'm on an existing contract w/ ATT, and I hope to just put the SIM card in and I'l be good to go...I did call ATT and they said an ATT LetsTalk phone should/will work with an ATT contract....We'll see. Anyone have an real experience with this?

EDIT: no email confirmation for me yet! 10am EST.

I got my email confirmation as soon as I finished my order but now it says "customer attention needed".

Upvote 0
RE: the Walmart $229 Captivate phone I ordered.....fine print.

* Reflects price after available promotions or rebates. Mail-in rebates available for eligible rate plans only. Mail-in rebates may require customer to submit rebate form with proof of purchase to carrier, manufacturer, or other sponsor. May require a one or two year service term agreement with featured wireless carrier. One-time wireless activation fee and early termination fees may apply. Please check specific rebate instructions and carrier terms and conditions for details and to confirm eligibility.

"...May require a one or two year service term agreement with featured wireless carrier.".........

Not sure if this applies to an existing contract, but hope it doesn't. I'll find out Monday, or early next week I guess.

Upvote 0
RE: the Walmart $229 Captivate phone I ordered.....fine print.

* Reflects price after available promotions or rebates. Mail-in rebates available for eligible rate plans only. Mail-in rebates may require customer to submit rebate form with proof of purchase to carrier, manufacturer, or other sponsor. May require a one or two year service term agreement with featured wireless carrier. One-time wireless activation fee and early termination fees may apply. Please check specific rebate instructions and carrier terms and conditions for details and to confirm eligibility.

"...May require a one or two year service term agreement with featured wireless carrier.".........

Not sure if this applies to an existing contract, but hope it doesn't. I'll find out Monday, or early next week I guess.

I think the nutty $229 deal is a true free and clear price. If you follow the same steps with Aria, you end up with a price of $369, that can't possibly require a separately purchased 2 -year contract.

Upvote 0
Obviously a price mistake though, since the price off-contract should be $499 or so. The fact that these orders are showing "attention required" makes me think the system is flagging them for something. I guess we'll find out on Monday when someone hears from or talks to Let'stalk.

I think the nutty $229 deal is a true free and clear price. If you follow the same steps with Aria, you end up with a price of $369, that can't possibly require a separately purchased 2 -year contract.

Upvote 0
Obviously a price mistake though, since the price off-contract should be $499 or so. The fact that these orders are showing "attention required" makes me think the system is flagging them for something. I guess we'll find out on Monday when someone hears from or talks to Let'stalk.

The fact that this is making the deal sites now (slickdeals, ect) and people are ordering up to sell on ebay, makes me think this will be squashed. We will find out tomorrow, but by that time AT&T will be sold out :(

Upvote 0
Got no email...So I called Walmart....they said they have the order, will be giving me no email, and I must call them this Monday to confirm the order and get more info from me..........very weird!!!! Walmart online has always been weird for me, and not the best experience.

Called Walmart @ 11AM, they said they have the order, I will get no email, but I must call in Monday to confirm the order/give them info.

Just crazy weird....why no confirmation email....poor customer service/online order design.

We'll ALL have to wait till Monday......................................

Upvote 0
Called Walmart @ 11AM, they said they have the order, I will get no email, but I must call in Monday to confirm the order/give them info.

Just crazy weird....why no confirmation email....poor customer service/online order design.

We'll ALL have to wait till Monday......................................

I did get an email confirming the order. You should as well. The part about calling tomorrow is correct, but I thought I heard the sales rep I talked to say that there was going to be an email about that tomorrow as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones