Online Storage referral thread - ONLY post them HERE

1. ih77

ih77 Member

2. hankthe8th

hankthe8th Member

3. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

Awesome. Glad you get 250 too!

It's a great little program. I'll be at work and download something to use later that night at home. Don't need a flash drive. And since it works with droid now, it's even better.

You can also play music/videos through Droid too. Just drop a song at home, and play it on the go.
  4. mswhite60

mswhite60 Well-Known Member

I used your link too - thanks!
  5. dingdong3000

dingdong3000 Member

6. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Not to mention if you sign up with the referral link, YOU also get 250MB extra. It works both ways. I already have an account though, so sorry. It's a nice service though, no doubt! :)

Of course... now that you keep your KeePass database in your Dropbox, make sure to keep your Dropbox password super-extra-special-awesome secure, cause if anyone cracks that they can take your KeePass database! ;)

EDIT: Too slow about that first paragraph. Whoops.
  7. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

Yea, make sure your password is very secure. Thankfully, Keepass encrypts the database as well.
  8. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

9. DolphinDroid

DolphinDroid Well-Known Member

10. rabernet

rabernet Well-Known Member

11. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

Yeah already using dropbox but would have used your referral if I weren't.
  12. MisterEff

MisterEff Well-Known Member

13. k9cop

k9cop Active Member

I love it!

I do have a question though. When I try to upload a text or pdf file to my drop box from my Droid, I get the error message "No applications can perform this action". I can view pdf/text files using Astro and quickoffice. Anyone know how I can upload a text file?

Referral
    [​IMG]
  14. k9cop

k9cop Active Member

15. white0ut442

white0ut442 Member

16. skeezicks

skeezicks Active Member

I've been a real fan of SugarSync -- it's versatile, and they've got a good Android app -- but I just discovered something that's VERY disappointing. They've got a bonus program for referring friends and associates, but sneakily hidden in their small print is that all this bonus space disappears on January 1st, 2011. WHAT A RIP! If you'd like to join, be my guest (use someone else's referral link above -- I'm too disgusted to give mine), or just sign on with Dropbox (and I'd be happy if you used my link: https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTUzMjk2MzM5). Hopefully, Dropbox will catch up to SugarSync in the way of features. They certainly win the contest over ethics, however.
  17. oceanlight

oceanlight Well-Known Member

thanks, i did not know that. that sucks!

i am going to write them to complain. mind linking where you found that fine print on their site?
  18. skeezicks

skeezicks Active Member

Yes. It doesn't bother me that there's the limitation, per se, but it's very aggravating that the gross limitation on their referral program is buried fine print. Here's a link to that document: https://www.sugarsync.com/referral_terms.html

A referral program like this is a rip-off. They're enticing us to grow their user base, but they take the enticement away after they've gotten what they want. What a smarmy business practice.
    oceanlight likes this.
  19. oceanlight

oceanlight Well-Known Member

i completely agree and have written them with my complaint. i encourage all sugarsync users to do so as well. complaints can be sent to support@sugarsync.com.