• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OpenText FirstClass mail active sync

JimmyFrack

Lurker
Nov 9, 2009
I just got my Droid and love it, at work we use the FirstClass email system by Opentext and it does support Active Sync for Calendar, Directory, and Mail is there a way to use the active sync functions on my handset or am I stuck with the IMAP connection to my mail server?

I am coming from a Blackberry Storm to the Droid Incredible. In my school district, we use First Class email as well and have been envious of the iphone app for first class. I emailed customer support and was told that a first class app for BOTH blackberry and android are being reviewed by management and should be ready for release soon. Hope this helps....

Upvote 0
Open text has been "Working" on this and promising it for 2 years. We have a support company that actually had the Beta Black Berry app 8 months ago and was told by Open Text it was being scrapped. We are strongly looking at switching as a district over to gmail and giving it to all our students. It will sync with everything but First Class and for schools its free. We are also looking at MS Live, the difference is Google gives the kids 8 gig of free storage MS hands out 25 gig.

Upvote 0
Back to the original topic...

With firmware release 2.1, I couldn't get corporatesync and the fc sync server to talk. I upgraded the firmware to the latest, now when I set up corporate sync, the connection will validate unless I try to sync e-mail. In other words, I can in theory sync appts and contacts, which is what I want. But, I can't see any way to force another sync, and it doesn't seem to be doing it on its own.

Does anyone have this working?

Upvote 0
Still waiting on a FirstClass mobile client for the android platform. Getting frustrated and am just about ready to jump ship. I've emailed Open Text customer service to see if they have an ETA yet and can tell us why it's taking so long.

We are going to be working on setting up a Google pilot in our K12 district during 2nd semester. I may end up having to go that route.

Upvote 0
Nope, we're still waiting. I'm told they are working on the blackberry interface now and that the programming for droid is similar to blackberry so there shouldn't be too much lag time. However, I've also been told the same story for about a year now. I still have no idea on an ETA. I'm losing hope and am not too worried about it at this point because I have plans on switching our school district over to Google Apps for Ed next year if possible. Just tired of waiting.

Upvote 0
FirstClass email client for Android to be released any day now!
Yes, it's what we've been waiting for for several months now, but an email message from a contact at Open Text confirmed today that the Android client is just about to be released.

To quote the email.. "we're just about to put a big red bow on it"

Stay tuned...

On a related note:, the BlackBerry OTSW (FirstClass) client has been released, however you must be running FC server 11.

Upvote 0
FirstClass email client for Android to be released any day now!
Yes, it's what we've been waiting for for several months now, but an email message from a contact at Open Text confirmed today that the Android client is just about to be released.

To quote the email.. "we're just about to put a big red bow on it"

Stay tuned...

On a related note:, the BlackBerry OTSW (FirstClass) client has been released, however you must be running FC server 11.

Nice! Where did you find this out? Direct email from them? Will you update this thread if you hear more? (I'll promise to do the same!)

Upvote 0
I could use some help as well.
seo4.jpg
signature.jpg

xiaoliu3.jpg
uk.jpg

Upvote 0
Nice! Where did you find this out? Direct email from them? Will you update this thread if you hear more? (I'll promise to do the same!)
Yes, the email came directly from a contact at Open Text.
I'll post as soon as it becomes available.
There may be a catch however (something that will need confirmation) that is, I had heard that you may be required to be running FirstClass Server v 11.
Version 11 introduces OTSW (Open Text Social Workplace)

Upvote 0
Just discovered that the FirstClass Social Workplace Mobile client isn't compatible with us tablet users running Honeycomb :mad:

Also, as mentioned, you must be running FirstClass 11 -see note below.

System Prerequisites

The Social Workplace Mobile application requires that you have an active account on either a FirstClass 11.0 or OpenText Social Workplace 2.0 based server with mobile access privileges enabled.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones