• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Opinions On Screen Protectors

I ordered a couple of other items from Seidio so I went ahead and added a pack of their Ultimate Screen Guards so I could evaluate them. Compared to the Zagg, they fit better, install a LOT easier, they're clearer and smoother (you can't even tell there's a protector on the screen), and they don't have that rubbery feel to them. My opinion is they're an excellent choice if you like a "crystal" screen protector.

But I don't. I prefer the anti-glare protectors with the matte finish because they don't collect fingerprints, they don't have glare problems, and my finger slides around on them much better. So I peeled the Seidio screen guard off after a couple of hours and put my BoxWave ClearTouch Anti-Glare protector back on and I'm a happy camper again.

Pete

Upvote 0
I'm going to contradict what I had said in a previous post in this thread here, but oh well heh.

I went to a friends house last night who has an iphone, he was messing with my phone and I was messing with his. He had commented how 'rubbery' my screen protector felt on my phone (i have zagg on there right now), and I made a comment about it's better than not having one on there at all, but I didn't notice anything wrong with my protector. Ends up he did have one on there, and I was amazed. Couldnt see it unless you absolutely looked for it, and the surface felt no different than the actual screen felt on his girlfriends iphone which didnt have any protection.

Since then I've been tempted to just take mine off, as now it's driving me nuts. Would a boxwave crystal protector offer me the clarity and smoothness I'm now looking for? His was just a generic AT&T protector, so he couldn't offer me any suggestions on what I should try out.

-b

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones