• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Optimus V Car Mounts

Thorsten / bac22,
Does the Roadster Smartphone Sticky Pad Dash Mount work with the phone having a Black Rubberized Hard Cover Case on the phone?
Not using any such case, I can only guess. Laying the phone flat in the tray should work just fine, as there is plenty of additional space. Securing it upright in the slots might be slightly trickier, but this would depend on the additional thickness of the cover, I suppose. Without a case, the width of the slots is just right. However, the entire setup is pretty flexible and should support a few more millimeters in overall thickness. If necessary, you could always widen the slots with a sharp knife.

Upvote 0
Bought a universal vent mount for my phone when I use Vlingo.
It holds the phone at a perfect angle.
What I don't like is that it's winter and with the heat coming out the vent, the phone gets hot, Hot, HOT! I'll have to look into making a shield to try to keep the hot air from blowing right on the phone.

I also have this problem with my universal mount and have to take it out. Luckily I live in California and don't use the heater much.

Upvote 0
Thorsten / bac22,
Does the Roadster Smartphone Sticky Pad Dash Mount work with the phone having a Black Rubberized Hard Cover Case on the phone?
http://androidforums.com/members/bac22.html

The slots are very snug using just the phone, so any phones with cases on it, might not fit well in the slots. But the rubber is soft enough that I see no reason that you couldn't use a razor blade to shave off some of the rubber from the slots. The rubber is fairly pliable too, so it may work with the case on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones