Options for 16 year old

Last Updated:

1. danglr09

danglr09 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i want to get a g1 on tmobile [or att?] but i am only 16. On tmo.com i saw the prepaid option but i dont think thats available for g1 [data], and the flex pay requires a drivers licence check to verify ID.
    please help

Advertisement
  2. danglr09

i dont think i have any type of state id, except my ss, a boating licence, and a CPR card...I tried both of which online and they werent excepted. what is considered valid state id?

3. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

You can visit the office where they issue driver's licenses in your state, that office will also make you a state ID card.

Interesting note from a few friends, having both a State ID card and a driver's license can come in very handy.

4. danglr09

like dmv? i might be getting a permit soon that should work too right?

5. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Yes the dmv. I would NOT expect a permit to work. They normally aren't photo IDs. Visit your state's website to get more info.

6. danglr09

really?? thats interesting.
    how would i give them a fake id and have it match my name and ss #?

but its definatly possible for me to by a g1 on ebay, but a tmo sim card, call them and activate it with flex pay and pay the first month with [a prepaid visa card]?
    then i can go into a local convience store and buy refills for $50, $100...and use that to pay the bill?

sounds great

7. danglr09

really?? thats interesting.
    how would i give them a fake id and have it match my name and ss #?

but its definatly possible for me to by a g1 on ebay, but a tmo sim card, call them and activate it with flex pay and pay the first month with [a prepaid visa card]?
    then i can go into a local convience store and buy refills for $50, $100...and use that to pay the bill?

sounds great

8. danglr09

if i wanted to buy a sim card and a g1 and then call and activate it with flexpay and pay the first month with maybe a prepaid visa card, then buy refill cards for $50/$100 I could do that? When i call to activate what is the easiest thing to give them [id]?
    i dont think i can do it online because it would make me buy a g1 [at retail] in order to get the unlim data+txt plan for g1 on the sim card. If i bought the g1 and sim card and called to activate i could tell them i already have a g1 and i need the corresponding plan?

9. danglr09

i will try that thanks