• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Orange UK Call Quality

redmelons

Jul 13, 2010
Further to the discussion in the sensation coming 2 orange uk? thread,

Any orange customers with the sensation experience any call quality issues?

Mine seems to be distorted and find it difficult to understand the other person whilst they can hear me fine.

Yes, I've just got my Sensation and noticed exactly the same problem. Too quiet and distorted incoming call - nowhere near as clear as with my HTC Hero.

I was wondering whether it could be anything to do with Orange 'HD Voice' which is mentioned in the Orange booklets supplied with the phone:

"High Definition voice from Orange ... cuts out crackles and reduces background noise ... just make sure you're using the new sim card you got with your new phone"

Now I'm not using the new sim - I'm using the old one which was in my Hero. Could not using the new Orange sim mean that the sound quality is actually made worse?

My HTC Sensations call quality was terrible with Orange. Very distorted and a lot of static.

This was using the new sim card which came with the phone. Eventually I had to send it back as, at the end of the day, it is meant to be a phone!

Not sure whether to try another Sensation handset or just accept that they are not good enough when it comes to making phone calls!

Upvote 0
I'm having the same problem too and am debating what to do as I think the phone is great. I think it may well have to do with HD voice as it seems the problem does not happen with other networks. Calls to landlines however seem clearer. Frustrating as I don't really want to change networks but want to keep the phone, dilemma

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones