• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Otterbox case for the HTC EVO 4G LTE.

I got the pink commuter one at Sprint cause I needed a case now until my Seidio came. Plus I was getting the car dock and got 20% off for buying 2 accessories. I like it but it don't fit in my car dock and they said I could return it. My seidio will be here soon but I may just keep it cause I love Pink and it's nice. I'm waiting on Steinheil aka SGP or Clarivue to have screen protectors.

Edit: Pink Commuter Otterbox I bought from Sprint if you cut this little white rubber tab that covers the charging port off it fits in my Sprint car dock now. Also I got an email Clarivue will be shipping there screen protectors on June 15th you can pre-order. So they get my money. I have done them the past 2 EVO's and Steinheil who lots of people like also they have not emailed me yet.

Reactions: ren857
Upvote 0
I can't say enough how well this case is made. The previous problems of spacing between the power button is non-existent. As a matter of fact, every button on this phone feels more robust. I'm afraid to take mine out of the case! Within the first 3 weeks of owning the 3VO, I placed it on my lap while driving and of course, forgot about it when I went to get out of the truck. Smacko onto the garage floor with no case. :mad: The screen didnt crack, but the aluminum front ring bent like a wet noodle and I had to live with it for almost a year.

I do need to take it apart to put in my MSDHC card, but am not looking forward to it... :eek:

Upvote 0
I picked up a defender for myself and a commuter case for my wife last night as well as a car dock.
She loves the commuter, (I had one on me og EVO) I'm super impressed with the defender! Great case, makes my phone fit better in my very large hands.

Side note: haven't done it yet, but I believe the phone will fit in the car dock just fine with the commuter case, but you'll have to remove the flap that protects the charging port.
I'll update after I've checked it out more

Upvote 0
I picked up a defender for myself and a commuter case for my wife last night as well as a car dock.
She loves the commuter, (I had one on me og EVO) I'm super impressed with the defender! Great case, makes my phone fit better in my very large hands.

Side note: haven't done it yet, but I believe the phone will fit in the car dock just fine with the commuter case, but you'll have to remove the flap that protects the charging port.

Who had the Defender's??

I have a blue one on hold at radioshack but they haven't received them yet... I'm using the blue gel case for the time being

Upvote 0
Please let me know if it will work in the dock with the commuter that would be great. I'll remove that flap if I have too. That would be great for me. I had a Seidio Active case that was similar to this it has the 2 parts with a hard shell over the rubber part and it didn't fit bjut the Seidio Surface did so I ordered one of those and it should be here next week unless Fed Ex runs today. But I would love to know I tired and couldn't really get it to fit but maybe it will.

Upvote 0
He said tomorrow 5/22 (Today). Yup and Sprint Rep did say "Defender" Otterbox. If you pick up two items. The 20% off is not a bad deal. I got the Media Link and Car Dock for $100 smack-a-roonies. :D I'm sure there's better deals out there. I got in, got out, and got it home :)

I'm selling 3vo for 150 today and will be heading straight to sprint to get that deal. 100 for the link and car dock including the 20% off. thank you 3vo...even in deactivation you serve your master well. I shall miss...ooh EL TEvo is ringing gotta go

Reactions: 3vodroid
Upvote 0
My Amazon order for the Otterbox was cancelled and refunded(not sure why), so now I have to order through Otterbox and wait for the case.You guys have me thinking with the Gorilla Glass if I even need a cover. Guess since it won't leave the house for 3 weeks, I don't have to worry about it right away.

Someone posted a thread already with a broken screen from dropping on concrete... Don't rely on the GG too too much.... It can still happen

Upvote 0
I also got mine at BB last night. I checked this before going into a store:
BestBuy.com - Find It At A Best Buy Store

Thanks for the heads up :thumbprint : the bb near me had all the accessories locked up but luckily he let me take a peek they didn't have any otterbox products they had a few cases and the zagg shield so I bought the zagg.. Still waiting on the blue defender I have on hold at the shack...

Upvote 0
I have a Commuter on order. Wonder if I can bribe a family member to drive me to BB to get the Defender also. I know people in the past mentioned the dust issue, but you guys make it sound like it is a much tighter fit than the OG Evo. Any of you still think dust or oil will build under the front protector?

Upvote 0
I have a Commuter on order. Wonder if I can bribe a family member to drive me to BB to get the Defender also. I know people in the past mentioned the dust issue, but you guys make it sound like it is a much tighter fit than the OG Evo. Any of you still think dust or oil will build under the front protector?

Take the protector out and put a zagg shield ( or screen protector of your choice) on...problem solved..and keeps that crisp screen looking good... That's what I do with evey phone I've had..always defender/zagg

Upvote 0
I went to BB to check on the Defender case. It is HUGE!!!! I'm going to look around for a commuter.

Is it really that huge? Ove always used a defender but I'm using the blue gel for the tome being until the blue defender I ordered comes in..but if its really big I might just stick with this or go commuter...I just like having the holster so much I hate having my phone in my pocket collecting lint..or putting it in my chest pocket and bending over to work on something and it fallong out...

Upvote 0
Take the protector out and put a zagg shield ( or screen protector of your choice) on...problem solved..and keeps that crisp screen looking good... That's what I do with evey phone I've had..always defender/zagg

Thanks for the heads up. I didnt know the screen protector was removable. I may get both to judge for myself. I don't mind putting money into something this valuable and precious :)

Upvote 0
Is it really that huge?

IMO, no, it's not. The included holster / belt clip assembly is a bit hefty. As is the reason it's sitting in my closet.

I have no problems putting this in my pants pocket. I've compared this to the commuter on my wifes OG. It's actually a bit thinner (front to back)....maybe a mm or so. Of course, LxW it's bigger, but VERy manageable. BB has a 30 day return period for cases, so I said "what the heck i'll give it a go". I'm glad I did :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the heads up. I didnt know the screen protector was removable. I may get both to judge for myself. I don't mind putting money into something this valuable and precious :)

The included screen protector is really not bad. I can't even tell it's on. As well, I like the added security of the protector being sealed to the inside of the case, giving extra protection from anything else getting in there.

Upvote 0

It is removable but once its out..its out...its held on there with almost the same kind of glue they use when you get a gift card and its "glued " to the paper. Almost an elastic type glue...I was tired of oil and crap getting under the screen from my job so I did this..and it really has made a huge difference

Reactions: 3volut1on
Upvote 0
The included screen protector is really not bad. I can't even tell it's on. As well, I like the added security of the protector being sealed to the inside of the case, giving extra protection from anything else getting in there.

It sits pretty snug with the zagg..and idk about the defender for the LTEvo bc I haven't seen it in person but the defender for my 3vo did make the screen slightlt cloudy..I could definetly tell the difference.. there was always alittle space between the screen and protector on both the defenders I had..maybe that's what cause the screen to look alittle cloudy

Upvote 0
IMO, no, it's not. The included holster / belt clip assembly is a bit hefty. As is the reason it's sitting in my closet.

I have no problems putting this in my pants pocket. I've compared this to the commuter on my wifes OG. It's actually a bit thinner (front to back)....maybe a mm or so. Of course, LxW it's bigger, but VERy manageable. BB has a 30 day return period for cases, so I said "what the heck i'll give it a go". I'm glad I did :)

Ok cool bc Im really looking forward to getting the defender for it..I don't mind the size of the holster just the size of the case itself ... I'm so scared that something is going to happen to it while its in this gel case! Lol

Upvote 0
Ok cool bc Im really looking forward to getting the defender for it..I don't mind the size of the holster just the size of the case itself ... I'm so scared that something is going to happen to it while its in this gel case! Lol
The defender on this phone isnt near as bad and the OG Evo or the 3D. I had all three Evos. Because this phone is so thin the OB defender makes it feel like a normal phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones