• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Overclocking the x8?

The risk of overclocking is always burning out due to higher voltage supplied thus killing it as you can't just pull it out and install another one lol. Also as time goes on you are bound to get less performance overtime.

Look at the bright side at least you are not in to extreme OCing as I flashed custom rom 2days ago and whole problem started with CWM unable to flash, sdcard pbs -ro and then stuck on bootscreen. Fixed 2/3 issue and later abandoned the project due to way to much time for testing as I was flashing it 40times just to test OC :p

Upvote 0
The risk of overclocking is always burning out due to higher voltage supplied thus killing it as you can't just pull it out and install another one lol. Also as time goes on you are bound to get less performance overtime.

Look at the bright side at least you are not in to extreme OCing as I flashed custom rom 2days ago and whole problem started with CWM unable to flash, sdcard pbs -ro and then stuck on bootscreen. Fixed 2/3 issue and later abandoned the project due to way to much time for testing as I was flashing it 40times just to test OC :p

Thank you mate, I just want to overclock so angry birds stops lagging lol would this work? >> Droid X/2 Overclock Free Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 App

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones