• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pairing with external bluetooth keyboard (Perixx)

PetraSkachova

Lurker
Oct 19, 2015
Hi guys,

I´me encountering a problem with my Perixx Periboard 804 bluetooth keyboard.
I never experienced this issue before, it always worked fine, until two days ago. It´s been a couple of months that I did not use the keyboard. Yesterday I decided to use it again, as I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S, so I wanted to pair it and have an external keyboard. While pairing, Android asks me to type on the keyboard a numeric combination that is generated on the screen. I do so, and I´m 100 percent sure that the numbers are copied perfectly, however it always tells me that the password is incorrect, I tried at least 35 times! On my notebook, I have the same problem trying to connect this keyboard, even on my Android smartphone.

At this point, it looks like it does not depend on my devices but on the keyboard. I suspect that there must be some additional switch of the layout or something like Num Lock on the Perixx keyboard that must be activated prior typing those numbers? I don´t understand, as I did not have this problem before...

Can you please help?
Thank you,

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones