• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Palm Pre Trade in and Best Buy preorder

Yes, you can. Sprint will credit your account for $63. Expect 1-2 bill cycles for it to appear. Did you see the offer that Radio Shack has for the pre-order? Starting tomorrow, you get a $20 accessory credit if you pre-order the Evo from them: http://radioshackwireless.com/templ...geid=7831&refcode1=RSK_4444_000_SITESEARCHEVO

Also, Radio Shack has their own trade in program and will offer you $74 for a Pre with minor scratches and the charger in the form of a gift card that can be used toward the purchase of your Evo: RadioShack - Trade-In Program

I'm planning on stopping by a Radio Shack and pre-ordering tomorrow. Then I plan on trading my Palm Pre + charger and hopefully they'll give me $74 for it.

Upvote 0
I have the Pre too and this sounds like a great idea but, i am worried if for some reason I dont like the EVO (crazy I know) i could fall back on the Pre since its still a great phone -

I agree...I also have a Pre, and I like it a lot! You can always hold on to it for a couple weeks after you get the Evo and then if you decide to keep the Evo, take your Pre into Sprint and they'll give you the $63 credit then. I'm thinking of doing that.

Upvote 0
63 bucks is a complete rip you could get 100+ if your pre is in good condition.

Mine has a slight USB crack that goes a quarter of an inch (if that) into the screen. While it is minor, it devalues the phone greatly. I doubt it'd even sell because I'd have to put a disclaimer on it. $63, while a bit cheap (they gave me $50 for my Instinct last year), is better than nothing...especially when considering not having to deal with the hassle of trying to sell a Pre with a small USB crack.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones