• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pandora on the EVO

Is anybody else having trouble with the Pandora Widget? If I pause a song on the widget to come back to it later, at some point my Advanced Task Killer will kill Pandora. The widget continues to look the same, with the same song showing, but it becomes completely unclickable. The only way for me to get it going again is to delete and reinstall the widget. My other option is to leave Pandora running all the time, but that sounds like a big battery drain, to me.

Upvote 0
Is anybody else having trouble with the Pandora Widget? If I pause a song on the widget to come back to it later, at some point my Advanced Task Killer will kill Pandora. The widget continues to look the same, with the same song showing, but it becomes completely unclickable. The only way for me to get it going again is to delete and reinstall the widget. My other option is to leave Pandora running all the time, but that sounds like a big battery drain, to me.

Welcome to the beginning of problems with ATK... Sorry couldn't help it haha

Upvote 0

The other solution is to stop using ATK. It's not doing anything when it's paused and backgrounded, and after a period of time it'll even close itself out, so leave it, like everything else, ALONE.

ATK is not a solution for battery problems. It is a mask. All it does is hide the actual problem. Find the app that's really killing your battery, and uninstall it.

Upvote 0
Yup works great in landscape with the kickstand

Awesome, just what I wanted to hear! My evo is on a USPS truck right now somewhere in Michigan . . . cannot wait until it gets here!

I'm also a little concerned with Pandora running smoothly. I will be applying the "force roam" hack/fix because Sprint in my area is only 1X but VZW/Alltel is EVDO. I am assuming 3g is fast enough for Pandora and 4g won't be necessary?

Upvote 0
Pandora on my Evo is a little iffy. It freezes, force closes and skips songs on its own at times.

Do you have "mobile always on" shut off? I turned mine back on and no problems, it does warn when turning it off that some apps won't work correctly.Pandora being one of them and any other apps that needs network access when the phone is sleeping. Honestly I see no difference in battery life with it on or off.

Upvote 0
Pandora is definately in my top 3 App's. I use it for about 2hrs every morning on my daily hike. Im in Phx (3G) and never have any skips or problems. Its pretty much flawless on the EVO. :)

Especially after their last update. Also my favorite app. My wife and I will be yanking her old car stereo just so we can have an Aux input to play Pandora on our trips to Charleston.

Upvote 0
Not sure what happened but since I updated pandora, it always starts up, plays for a few seconds then jumps to the "Voice Dialing" screen and calls someone. Incredibly annoying.

Are you using headsets or are you using AUX out of the headset jack??? I am willing to bet you and others are since I don't think you are just enjoying the quality of the external speaker...:)....

What happens is the headset jack "socket" is wonky!!! There is a known issue that causes these types of issues. Wiggle the headset plug and see if it is related...I am willing to bet that it is. This is a hardware issue and has nothing to with Pandora on the EVO.

Upvote 0
Is this app free to use?

Yes. It is totally free (although it does have ads).

You can upgrade for more stations (I think you're limited to 101 or something). Each station is your own creation, based on the type of music you want to listen to... you can also delete and create new ones easily and quickly, so there isn't a crushing need to upgrade to enjoy it.

Personally, I love the app so much I'm going to upgrade just to reward the little buggers who developed it.

Upvote 0
Yes. It is totally free (although it does have ads).

You can upgrade for more stations (I think you're limited to 101 or something). Each station is your own creation, based on the type of music you want to listen to... you can also delete and create new ones easily and quickly, so there isn't a crushing need to upgrade to enjoy it.

Personally, I love the app so much I'm going to upgrade just to reward the little buggers who developed it.
Why exactly does it say I'll have to pay for additional data charges?

Upvote 0
Why exactly does it say I'll have to pay for additional data charges?

Because it's an app written for all android phones that can handle it. On some networks (i.e. not Sprint), you're capped on data past a certain point and might have to pay data charges to your carrier

(note - Exception to Sprint is: don't stream too much data while roaming.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones