• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Partial contacts available to apps?

Revata

Lurker
Mar 15, 2010
I have an odd issue with my contacts.

When I go to the default contacts from the home screen I can see all of my contacts, including a lot of duplicate entries where one person will have 2 contact cards, 1 with a plain phone number, and 1 with their number labeled "mobile" (... through research found that the plain-numbered versions are probably simcard saved contacts, which can only contain 1 number per contact)

all the apps that use the contacts (ie. hancent) refuse to recognize contacts saved in the sim format, so when i get a text from these people it just comes up with their number.

All my contacts look fine in Gmail on the web and I even did a "merge contacts" command on duplicates to try and solve the issue. Looks fine on the web but my phone still has all these dupes, any ideas?

I have an odd issue with my contacts.

When I go to the default contacts from the home screen I can see all of my contacts, including a lot of duplicate entries where one person will have 2 contact cards, 1 with a plain phone number, and 1 with their number labeled "mobile" (... through research found that the plain-numbered versions are probably simcard saved contacts, which can only contain 1 number per contact)

all the apps that use the contacts (ie. hancent) refuse to recognize contacts saved in the sim format, so when i get a text from these people it just comes up with their number.

All my contacts look fine in Gmail on the web and I even did a "merge contacts" command on duplicates to try and solve the issue. Looks fine on the web but my phone still has all these dupes, any ideas?

Delete all of you sim card contacts? Or in Contacts>Settings you can choose to only view contacts on your phone or SIM card.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately neither fully encompasses the contacts of the other, I have some contacts on my sim that arent on the phone and vice versa.

Does anyone know if it's the "My Contacts" list or the "All Contacts" list that is synced to these programs? That might shed some light on this

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones