• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Passion/Dragon news for today

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the droid (motorola) came out we (VZW employees) had to sign about 6 different NDA's when we went to training for the device and for the invite only rally for our region. VZW is taking these android handsets VERY seriously, honestly, I'm not going to put my job in jeopardy to show people a phone, that we all know is coming out sooner or later anyways.

Thats what i was saying... I only made it more of a joke, Im sure there is a tight lid on this an probable the rest that will come out next year. Im excited and the more I wait the more money i save not having a data plan!:D This will be my first phone that I will have a data plan for and can surf the net, Im in construction now but will be soon getting a job in education, "I graduated a year ago certified K5 and special ed, and haven't found a job! no reason for email checking and surfing the net when Im laying tile and grouting walls..... but soon I will!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
well i spoke to an HTC sales rep today and he said flat out that htc was not going to be releasing any more phones in 2009, he had heard of the passion and he said that it was going to be coming out in Q1 2010. although he said that he wasnt sure that it would be coming to verizon although all signs point to that. He also said that from now on verizon would not be releasing any smartphones that cost more than $199...

Upvote 0
I was just at a local Verizon store. I asked the sales people if they had any information on the HTC Passion. They had never heard of it. However, one of them looked it up in their system. Guess what? The Passion was listed in their system. It was listed as "HTC Passion 1GHz Processor Coming Holiday 2009". That's it. That made me so happy. I was like "Thank You" and left.
That definitely is proof that it is coming out before the end of the year unless something changes.

Upvote 0
I was just at a local Verizon store. I asked the sales people if they had any information on the HTC Passion. They had never heard of it. However, one of them looked it up in their system. Guess what? The Passion was listed in their system. It was listed as "HTC Passion 1GHz Processor Coming Holiday 2009". That's it. That made me so happy. I was like "Thank You" and left.
That definitely is proof that it is coming out before the end of the year unless something changes.

that.would.be.AWESOME!

Upvote 0

well i sure as hell am rooting for that....but wouldnt more verizon employees have discovered this....at my local store they were all reading the same blogs and just as curious as i am..

Upvote 0

well i sure as hell am rooting for that....but wouldnt more verizon employees have discovered this....at my local store they were all reading the same blogs and just as curious as i am..

how much do you wanna bet that the VZW employee just typed in htc passion into google, and the htcpassion.com website came up, which said "coming holiday 2009" hahahaha.

Upvote 0
That website doesn't say anything about a 1 ghz process now does it? She wouldn't known that. That's what she saw it when came up.
If you really want to know if you were being fooled or not: Go back to that verizon store and ask for them to search again, then let them show you what it says on their screen or look over your self to confirm it's not them just googling it. Sounds to me like you were duped but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Upvote 0
Yeah, let us know. we're waiting..... oh, and dumb question but, why is there so many threads about this phone. would be easier to just have a pre-release thread. actually maybe not. i followed the omnia 2 thread for too long, and it was ginormous at the end-over 7000 posts! maybe it's better to talk about individual things and access it easier. nevermind, just talking out loud. thanks

Upvote 0

Seems odd that "in their system" it would say "Coming Holiday 2009" rather then being a bit more specific. If they were checking an actual inventory system, I've never heard of one that sets vague arrival dates.
Just my thoughts though. I'm trying to keep my hopes at a manageable level. lol

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

I read on a Swedish news site yesterday about HTC strategy and organisation in Scandinavia. The next major Android phone to be released here will be shown at a Mobile World Congress | Global Conference for Mobile Technology and Business on the 15th of Feb 2010. Shortly after it will be available in Swedish stores. Maybe this could be the Passion you all are waiting for. Maybe it has already been released in US before that. The Hero came first to EU so maybe US has to wait once more? Anyway I will wait until something nice shows up, the Hero is nice but I would like a bigger screen.

S

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

I read on a Swedish news site yesterday about HTC strategy and organisation in Scandinavia. The next major Android phone to be released here will be shown at a Mobile World Congress | Global Conference for Mobile Technology and Business on the 15th of Feb 2010. Shortly after it will be available in Swedish stores. Maybe this could be the Passion you all are waiting for. Maybe it has already been released in US before that. The Hero came first to EU so maybe US has to wait once more? Anyway I will wait until something nice shows up, the Hero is nice but I would like a bigger screen.

S

Upvote 0
FYI everyone, I've been checking the FCC daily for about a week now. Nothing from HTC since 10/23/09, though of course they could use a different name if they really wanted to be stealthy. I personally don't think they'd go that far to protect Motorola's sales, though!

To put that in a little perspective, Motorola has quite a few entries lately, including 12/02 and 12/04! I'm not good enough to figure out what the devices are though.

IMHO, it's not looking good for the Passion to be released mid-December as we had been hoping. :(

Upvote 0

Another tidbit:

TmoNews: Google phone to T-Mobile?
Google Phone To T-Mobile? | TmoNews - Unofficial T-Mobile Blog - News, Videos, Articles and more

Still more rumors, but at least there's no longer any silence regarding HTC's upcoming offerings.

If you follow tweets, lots of inquiries regarding the nextgen of HTC phones, be it the Passion, Dragon, or whatever...

So we don't really know where its going at all now...I liked it better when we thought it was coming to Verizon. At least we have a new time frame... First 2 weeks in Jan. I'm not gonna be able to leave the Big Red V though. Best service in this area of So Cal.

Upvote 0
Phases & article are right on the $$$$

I know you guys remember the salty salt-kabob Phandroid.com served you up...
MMMMMMMMM mmmmmmmm!!
salt-kabob.jpg

http://phandroid.com/2009/12/03/code-leak-rumoredupcoming-htc-android-phone-names/

the list of 20 future devices listed in the leaked 2.1 ROM;

Bahamas, Bravo, DesireC, Dragon, Dream, Espresso, Halo, HeroCT, HeroC, Hero, Huangshan, Incredible, Legend, Liberty, Memphis, Paradise, PassionC, Passion, Sapphire and Supersonic.

I think its safe to say VZW will get ONE of the Passions listed.

If not, I'd like the Memphis
AND
A Supersonic with Cheeeeese Please!

Honestly though, I'd be down for VZW to get the codename "Dragon" instead of Passion.

Upvote 0
Yargh... the anticipation is killing me :)

Picked up an Eris during the holiday 60 day return program and I am loving it; coming from a POS Motorola Q I promise I will be happy with it for a long time...

But DAMN I want this phone! :D I'm in the same boat as you all, searching every day for new info... fingers crossed that it comes to VZW before Jan 13th!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones