Pattern Lock + Idiot Friend= Messed Ep Eris?General

Last Updated:

1. Wboyle3

Wboyle3 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I have had the pattern lock set for the last few days whenever Im out of the house and it has worked well. So tonight I went over to a friends house and left my phone in the other room for about a half hour. In that half hour my friend decided that he wanted to post something "hilarious" on my twitter, but since I had the pattern lock set he couldnt get in. Now this is where it gets interesting. He tried the pattern lock five times at which time it told him that he did too many attempts and that is now asking for me to put in my gmail username and password. So I get back to my phone and he explains the whole thing to me, I figure its fine ill just toss in my password and itll work. Nope. I have entered my gmail info somewhere around five times and it always says it is invalid.

Help me please

Advertisement
  2. whewstoosae

whewstoosae Well-Known Member

Have you tried programming it again? Try calling *228 and do option 1. It may or may not work, but it works for dumb phones.

3. Wboyle3

It wont let me call that number cause its not an emergency number :/

4. Wboyle3

I ended up restarting my phone and it started working. Thanks for the advice!

5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Too late for you, but in case somebody searches for this in the future, and doesn't want to factory reset their phone, somebody at Android Central posted a workaround. See here.

6. smacky

smacky Banned

You were connected to the internet, right? 3g or WiFi?

7. natsu

natsu Well-Known Member

You don't have to completely reset your phone (factory). All that you have to do is power it down and back up and it'll be back to the normal unlock screen.