• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pay as you go phones with 2.2

Numbnut

Lurker
Jul 4, 2010
Hi there

I myself have a Desire on contract, with 2.2, and love it. I am getting my daughter (aged 13) a new phone for Xmas and for various reasons we've decided that PAYG is still the best option for her (us!!)

I (stupidly) have just bought her a Wildfire on O2 after being advised by the Salesman that it would definitely get 2.2.

After bringing it home and charging it seems it is on 2.1 and no update is available. After looking on here its evident it is either not due soon or possibly not at all.

I want a phone for her with 2.2 as im aware myself that in particular battery life is MUCH MUCH better after the update, and i expect her to download lots and lots of apps....so would be best if she can save to SD.

Can anyone advise which phones are available with 2.2? The network isnt really that important.

I spent

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones