• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

People about to do update

This is what we'll be looking for.
This will sit like this (it continues to log output into the output file) until the phone reboots. At that point, the adb logcat job will terminate, and the name of the zip file will be indicated in the logfile in a message similar to:

W/SystemUpdateHelper( 64): !!! REBOOTING TO INSTALL /cache/desirec-ota-104882.7b1e5cca.zip !!!

Then, take the name of the file and paste it on the end of android.clients.google.com/updates/partner, for instance, for the Eris 1.17.605.1 OTA, the complete url is:

https://android.clients.google.com/updates/partner/desirec-ota-104882.7b1e5cca.zip

Upvote 0
Has/is any1 able to pull the zip off the SD Card after DLing... But before INstalling... to Help the community?! Please ^^

My poor eris doesn't have a phone # atm.... so I can't get the OTA ; ;

Why don't you just swap for a day or so, update, then change back?

And yeah, we should be able to get the DL after someone catches it, but not from the sd.

Upvote 0
My prompt is creating the text files I want but I cant seem to get it past the " - Waiting for device - " notification in the prompt, and there is never any information in the text file. Has anyone identified the missing link to this process?

Same thing here, install/run and do a sync with HTC Sync. Make sure your phone is set to HTC Sync option, not just Charging or Disk Drive (change your USB type from the notification area). Then do the adb part again. You should no longer see -waiting for device-.

Upvote 0
so nobody has successfully pulled the package? I would attempt to but i have not seen any signs of an update and plus im on leak 3 so im sure i wont recieve it

Apparently no one with the knowledge of how to log it has received it. Which is entirely possible as we are seeing how few there are that can understand/figure out how to do something as simple as this.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Apparently no one with the knowledge of how to log it has received it. Which is entirely possible as we are seeing how few there are that can understand/figure out how to do something as simple as this.

agreed my friend.. As i stated before i would if i could but vzw has left arizonians hanging im guessing.. O and thanks for not being a jerk because of my post I am sure i could have read em all and figured it out but i was looking for a more definitive answer
thanks..
I am really hoping that 1. ROOT is aroound the corner for leaks 1, 2 and 3..
OR 2. one of our beloved eris owners/devs is able to pull the update so we can enjoy the greatness of having an official ROM
(FOR ME more so ROOt because i want to overclock my little eris to 700mghz and watch my battery life suffer worse than it already is and also enjoy the magical fruits of LIVE WALLPAPERS)!!
I pray one of the dev gods pops up with something soon, i think i speak for many when i say that the work that these noble men/(women?) do is much appreciated by me and many others im sure

i got one question though for anyone..
is there some trick to initiate the update other than CHECKIN ?? for example maybe a reboot then checkin>?
any thoughts?
thanks guys and girls

Upvote 0
Do we have proof that ANYONE truly has this update?

I don't think so, just their word. Since screens of kernel and version are the same as the third leak, they don't show much.

Someone posted pictures of the update notification and the download/install process along with the phone running 2.1 afterwards.

Upvote 0
I don't think so, just their word. Since screens of kernel and version are the same as the third leak, they don't show much.

There's been photographic proof of the OTA update. Yes, it's absolutely real.

Verizon also has announced it in several mediums. It's a limited release to ensure no major issues before the eventual complete rollout. Verizon reps have said things anywhere from 24-48 hours to 2 weeks time for the total conversion.

Either way, it's happening.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones