• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phandroid: HTC to complete 2.2 roll-out by Christmas!

Doesn't the Eris have a 7600?

And TMobile and HTC have said they will be updating the MyTouch 3g to Froyo (which does have a 7201). Probably without Flash, or some other features, but still.

(ok, I'm admittedly being pedantic here :) )

Same chipset, but a CDMA version :)

7201 (gsm) = 7600 (cdma)

Folks, Droid X will be constrained as well. Bank on it. Like the Inc, demand will be greater than supply, but at least no gates due to amoled displays ;)

Waits will be less, but still there WILL be some waits.

Upvote 0
First, their telling people to consider the Droid X probably has nothing to do with any issues except for the unavailability of screens, and the 4-6 week back order. If they get a faction of people to switch, it's that much closer to getting them in stock. And the apparent OTA, that provides 720p video amongst other things, should be clear that they ARE supporting the phone. As you can imagine, HTC has probably focused alot more on production and sourcing problems thus far.

There is a lot of sense in this post!

There are any number of reasons why a VZW rep would "steer" someone calling about an Incredible toward an X. Off the top of my head, they make a "sale" on something that will be available in a week saving them from having to discuss or explain the back order situation of the Incredible. And, selling X's will help alleviate the back orders on the Incredible allowing them to catch up.

It does not always have to be something sinister.

Also as mentioned above, we have 2 updates coming this half of the year...An HTC update to address signal/call quality issues experienced by some and the 720p video and then later, the 2.2 (Froyo) update.

Not to mention that both of these phones might just represent the last hoorah for 3G Android Smartphones on VZW's network.

Upvote 0
the people who would ACTUALLY make and sell them, Seidio, et al. It's really not the complicated. Is it Ford's fault if I can't find tires I like for my Focus? Or the car lot I bought it from?
i dunno man, i have always bought official blackberry charging docks from the verizon site or blackberry directly. htc has an official dock for the EVO at launch available at best buy. the droid X has an official motorola dock. there is none for the incredible, though rumors persist. most phone users have never heard of seidio. this is nothing like tires, besides you can get tires at a dealership just fine, wtf.

Upvote 0
Not to be a party pooper, but the HTC guy says that he HOPES that they'll have Froyo out by Christmas. That's not a promise.

It's going to be a never ending cycle of disappointment which is why I stopped caring and accepted my phone for what it is and no longer look forward to updates.

When we get froyo, 3.0 will probably be released and everyone will be pissed off that they don't have that.

Upvote 0
HTC Wildfire, Incredible, EVO 4G to get Android 2.2 by December Boy Genius Report

looks like we'll be getting it in december, guys. (we all know "by december" probably means "definitely december")

it also looks like i'll be jumping ship to the most attractive, Vanilla 3.0 loaded superphone if it doesn't happen by November, which i'm willing to bet it won't.

*it's a damn shame too... i love this phone. :(

Upvote 0
Wow.. that must be some circular weird female logic there (no offense to women. ;) ) to jump to the idea that "by December" means "definitely December". Patience; we have already had word (from HTC) that the EVO and Inc are the first HTC phones to get 2.2,a nd i really doubt we will be waiting till Dec...

hey now! i hope you weren't just calling me a woman right now... :mad:

Upvote 0
Watch the arguing...I got banned for 3 days under the zero tolerance policy last week for saying even less in a thread. Maybe I should have put a smiley in the post to subdue it. :) LOL
I am sure HTC is working as fast as they can to get 2.2 out to us and work well with Sense. They seem like a responsible company, just we Americans are sooo impatient.

Upvote 0
Well considering the same thing happened with the Eris and Hero - I think it's suffice to say that this is bad news for Android owners and the future.

We will always be behind by about year unless we buy Google phones (which we can't because they are GSM).

Oh well! Time to forget about it. No point in worrying or getting mad about something completely out of our control.

Upvote 0
THE GUY SAID IT WONT be like the upgrade to 2.1

Read exactly what he said. He was more saying they would be all done with froyo by Christmas and be focusing on gingerbread.

Nowhere was he suggesting it would be December.
Here is the part people are skipping over:

Indeed, he suggests that the updates are going quicker than could be expected: "I don’t think you’re going to see that really long six month, seven month lag, like you saw in the updates from 1.5 to 2.1, simply because it’s a less severe change.
"Switching from 2.1 to 2.2, they made a lot of tweaks, but they didn’t make any gigantic changes, so it should be a much swifter process".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones