phone call recorder

Last Updated: 2013-11-29 17:22:33
  1. manderle

manderle Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. timp123

timp123 Active Member

I tried allcallrecorder, but for some reason it freezes every time I open it. I would really love to get this working.
  3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

4. timp123

timp123 Active Member

Anybody know if this is being worked on? I would gladly pay for an app for the droid. CallRec was the most useful app on my Palm.
  5. shel3702

shel3702 New Member

Likewise, this is an app that I used constantly on my Palm Treo, and I am frustrated that the Android platform doesn't have an app for this. I switched from Palm to Android to go to the supposed "best" and hottest system out there. What a dissapointment.

I used the CallRecorder do go over what my father would describe to me regarding various projects, from electrical wiring and subpanels (he's an electrical engineer) to stock market information. Similarly, I'd be able to review what various vendors or businesses would tell me regarding various products that I'd called about.

It was possibly the most valuable feature on my phone, and now I realize that in fact it is extremley valuable.

I, too, would pay to have a working version of call recorder that didn't require me to use the speaker phone.
  6. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

This is something a ROM dev has to fix with the phone. Ultimately, it's only going to be able to happen with a rooted Droid. Recording both the speaker and microphone hardware is simple. It has to have been disabled within the phone.
  7. gllu

gllu Member

Dumbest advice ever. That's just the thing I'd do while driving.
  8. timp123

timp123 Active Member

Just switched from the Droid to the Incredible for this very issue. vRecorder works, but with very low volume on the other party (seems to only record through the microphone, because recordings sound much better if the call was on speakerphone). Fine for now, but I would really love to see an app that records both sides decently. I would gladly pay for it.
  9. ItsOnMobile

ItsOnMobile Member

Call Recorder Beta is a new application which record calls either in totally or the part you've chosen. You can also organize your files record, choose the erson you always want to record... I hope it will help you
  10. snapcase

snapcase Well-Known Member

The fact that you've cross posted this on just about every forum and resurrected every thread on the subject, and that you apparently joined just to post about it, I'm already getting the impression that it's probably a scam app. I won't even think of downloading it until it's proven otherwise.
  11. xefe

xefe Well-Known Member

blah, want this option for EVO !!!

its not illegal by the way. Only illegal to record someone elses conversation when the parties invovled do not know it is being done so. If you record your conversation, at least YOU know that it is being recorded. One party of the conversation has to know it is being recorded. At least this is my interpretation of what I read.
  12. klwheat

klwheat Well-Known Member

This varies depending on your state. Make sure you check first! (just some friendly advice :) )
  13. xefe

xefe Well-Known Member

i thought most wiretapping laws were federal ?

"thought" being operative word :)

regardless, legal, illegal: *bangs fist on counter* I want it for my evo :)
  14. MahoVader

MahoVader Well-Known Member

Looks nice, but no record function (maybe was taken out for legal reasons?)

Power Call

Just checked again... not found in market via their barcode search. You could check with the dev though. Might have some insight on this mystery.

15. bluenik25

bluenik25 Well-Known Member

Your not in a relationship with Mel Gibson are you?
  16. kg6epf

kg6epf Well-Known Member

Don't confuse federal vs state laws. The federal law is a one party rule, but many states (including but not limited to:California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington) require BOTH parties to have knowledge that they are being recorded. There are some exceptions when it involves a crime in progress, restraining orders involved, warrants, etc.

Be careful giving out legal advice like "it's not illegal by the way". I know you are trying to be helpful, but you don't want to be the helpful hand that guides someone onto legal trouble.
  17. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

Anyone can look this information up if they want to. Nobody cares.
    What's anyone's good excuse for wanting a phone call recorder?
    "I just want to record my calls because I forget a lot."
    :rolleyes:

Why do I care about the discussion? :mad:Because I keep checking this thread hoping there will be a post about a new call recording app, and I for one don't want to see this turn into a "who knows what" battle of the "Legal-Eagle never made it to/thru Law School" pissing contest when nobody who wants a call recorder app really gives a crap!:p

Why can't someone just mess with the software to get the hardware to cooperate? Can't be that difficult. (?)
  18. maaa

maaa New Member

Seriously, I have a traumatic brain injury and to be honest I forgot what I ate this morning. just got the evo and this kind of app is a must for me as I used to have touch pro2 with an app called Auto Call Recorder installed on that and it was great. Also, I would really love to see an app that records both sides decently. I would gladly pay for it as well.
  19. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I found one in the market - any thoughts?

Calls Log (Secret Monitor) - it's in the market, it's free, and it seems to work - have recorded 2 calls already.
    prboy1969 likes this.
  20. johnlgalt

Finding it in the market is rather tough - it is there, but you have to scroll down. Author's name is Giardina Marcello.

Another way to find it is to use the QRCode at this link http://www.androidream.com/ for their other app, then scroll down and select More applications by ... - and it should then show up.
  21. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

To add to what johnlgalt has said, if you have App Brain Market Sync installed, here is the link for the app: Calls Log (Secret Monitor) - Android app on AppBrain.

Edit: I use Google Voice to record my calls. I know that it is not all secretive and what not, but I only record calls when talking to clients. Usually, I am giving quotes and so I inform them that I am recording the call anyways.

Kratos
  22. johnlgalt

Wait, what? You can do that in GV? I suppose that means that hte call has to be routed through GV?

Pfft - Calls Log is just a log of calls made on the phone, not a recording of them.

back to the drawing board....
  23. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Yep, the call has to be routed through Google. Here is the link to tell you what to do: Recording calls : Basics - Google Voice Help.

You can only use the recording function when receiving a call as of right now, but since my clients call me to get quotes, I don't have any issues with this.

Kratos
  24. johnlgalt

Excellent. I have already started giving out my GV number (my main one - have to start giving out the other 2 soon) as my de facto #.
  25. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

question about the law if anyone knows. does both parties have to concent to the recording or does party 0 just have to inform party 1 of the recording currently taking place? im in michigan btw