• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone doesn't register calls

robooneus

Lurker
Aug 18, 2010
I have been having this problem for some time now. My droid will randomly not register that someone is calling me. My girlfriend has tried to cal me multiple times where my phone does not ring and I get no indication of a missed call. For her it simply acts as if I am not answering my phone and sends her to voicemail after a little bit. (I do get a notification of a new voicemail if she leaves one). I do not know if this has happened with any other numbers, but this has happened to her with two different phones (one an lg then a samsung after she upgraded).

Has anyone else heard of a problem like this?

That's usually an issue with the carrier rather than the phone. I've experienced this with a number of phones I've had with VZW. The pattern it follows is that the caller will hear an extended period of ringing -- as in more rings than usual -- before it xfers to VM and you will be in a lower reception area. It's an annoying issue.

If you can duplicate the issue in a specific location, I'd report it to the carrier. There may be an issue with a tower or towers in that location. I say this because your phone is obviously registering online. If it wasn't, the call would proceed directly to VM rather than ringing first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones