1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Phone just ringing while in silent and no callSupport

1. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Anyone ever experience their phone ringing while in silent or normal mode and not have a call or any messages? My phone has done this twice now and the only way I can get it to stop is to make a phone call.

I have tried changing every setting and rebooting the phone does not work, as soon as it tries to boot back up it starts doing it again, not sure what it is.

It is driving me insane, the ringing isn't even my ringtone either.

Advertisement
  2. WuBoy

WuBoy Well-Known Member

This happened twice for me today. I don't know what caused it, hopefully it doesn't become a regular thing.
  3. Wolfedude88

Glad to see I wasn't the only one. I have owned a lot of different phones but this was my first time with that problem on any phone. Not sure what caused it, after last week it has yet to happen again.

I am not sure if it was caused by me being in a weak signal area with potential roaming, granted it still shouldn't be happening.
  4. WuBoy

WuBoy Well-Known Member

Yeah I think it has something to do with the signal. The couple times it happened to me were when I was out in the country and the signal wasn't the best.
  5. snobound

snobound New Member

Happened to me last night, thought I was nuts, that's beside the point.
    Network thing?
  6. Wolfedude88

Still stumped how this happened, has to be because of a weak signal or roaming issue.
  7. djscoe

djscoe Well-Known Member

It's not the usual ring, it's a high pitched ring. Even after I shut it off, it will ring until I hit the power button once.