• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help phone keeps joining contacts that should not be joined

RebeccaMI

Nov 2, 2011
Please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong section of the forum, or reposting something that has already been discussed. When I entered the title similar threads were found, but none in the Galaxy SII for Boost Mobile section.

My boss's phone keeps joining contacts that should not be joined. He'll be looking for a phone number and find his three daughters joined together even though they have separate phone numbers, or his friend the excavator joined together with the body shop. He can manually un-join them, but doing it that way is kind of a whack-a-mole situation because he has to discover an improperly joined group of contacts first. He has only one Google account AFAIK, and his phone is running the most UTD version of Android available for this handset from Boost. Is there a setting I could change on his phone or in his Google account to make it stop doing this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones