• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone sometimes resets on its own....

See, my hero is rooted with villainrom 12, and I just replied to someone else having the same issue. So rooted or unrooted doesn't change anything, problem still happening eitherway. Good to know. But I only have that problem when i visit large heavy websites with lots of pictures, maybe cache is overloading and crashes rosie when exiting the browser?

Upvote 0
Agreed. I was using Spring Navigation and my phone rebooted twice a couple of minutes into a phone call.

It used to reboot before the previous OTA update a few weeks back. I thought it was weak 3G signal related, but it could have been GPS.

Would be nice if this was fixed in this upcoming release.

Upvote 0
This is what I got in the other threat, maybe this will help.

Posted by bluenova, member of this forum :

Rosie restarting is not the same issue. That is due to minfree being set too high, so when your phone needs more RAM it will start killing processes. Unfortunately Rosie has quite a high runlevel so is not seen as essential by minfree and will be closed. Try turning down your settings in AutoKiller. You can also lower the runlevel of Rosie in Autokiller but this cannot be saved so will be reset if you reboot.

Thank bluenova if it helps anyone please :)

Attachments

• Image 1.png
    Image 1.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 59
Upvote 0
This is what I got in the other threat, maybe this will help.

Posted by bluenova, member of this forum :

Rosie restarting is not the same issue. That is due to minfree being set too high, so when your phone needs more RAM it will start killing processes. Unfortunately Rosie has quite a high runlevel so is not seen as essential by minfree and will be closed. Try turning down your settings in AutoKiller. You can also lower the runlevel of Rosie in Autokiller but this cannot be saved so will be reset if you reboot.

Thank bluenova if this helps! :)

Upvote 0
I have had the same problems with my phone, I had installed a bunch of Apps and then all the sudden when I turned on GPS and then used any GPS application the phone would reboot. I then went through and reset my phone completely and installed app by app individually and tested each one for the "GPS bug". It turns out "Trapster" was the culprit. When I have Trapster installed and then turn on GPS and then use any app that uses GPS (google maps, sprint nav, compass) the phone would instantly reboot. Now that I do not have that program installed I have not had any more issues and GPS works great!

Upvote 0
Lately (prob in the last week) my Sprint Hero automatically resets itself if I hit the back arrow more than once. Sometimes just hitting it once will cause it to reset.
By reset I mean it goes to the white screen w/ the HTC logo & I have to wait for everything to come up, like I just powered it on.
Anyone else having this problem or is it just me? If it's just me I'll take it up w/ Sprint. If it's not me there's no point talking to Sprint, they'll just tell me to do a hard reset.
FTR I am NOT rooted & I'm not in any programs using GPS. It's mostly when I'm backing out of the web browser or getting out of a text message.

Upvote 0
i had this suddenly start to happen to my evo at the beginning of the month, 5 or 6 days in a row. i took out my red battery and replaced it with one of my 2 for $11 ebay specials and it hasn't happened since.

the wife's phone got exchanged out for the same issue, wonder if we should have just tried a new battery instead. oh well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones