Phone sometimes resets on its own....Support

Last Updated:

1. Connectz

Connectz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a fix for this? Why is it doing this? Oh yeah, 4 day old EVO unrooted with 2.1.

Advertisement
  2. retrorom

retrorom Well-Known Member

See, my hero is rooted with villainrom 12, and I just replied to someone else having the same issue. So rooted or unrooted doesn't change anything, problem still happening eitherway. Good to know. But I only have that problem when i visit large heavy websites with lots of pictures, maybe cache is overloading and crashes rosie when exiting the browser?

3. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member

see if it's the GPS triggering your resets. Open up Google Maps or something. The GPS was what was triggering my resets, a hard reset fixed it for me.

4. EasyEEE

EasyEEE Well-Known Member

Agreed. I was using Spring Navigation and my phone rebooted twice a couple of minutes into a phone call.

It used to reboot before the previous OTA update a few weeks back. I thought it was weak 3G signal related, but it could have been GPS.

Would be nice if this was fixed in this upcoming release.

5. retrorom

This is what I got in the other threat, maybe this will help.

Posted by bluenova, member of this forum :

Rosie restarting is not the same issue. That is due to minfree being set too high, so when your phone needs more RAM it will start killing processes. Unfortunately Rosie has quite a high runlevel so is not seen as essential by minfree and will be closed. Try turning down your settings in AutoKiller. You can also lower the runlevel of Rosie in Autokiller but this cannot be saved so will be reset if you reboot.

Thank bluenova if it helps anyone please :)

Attached Files:

6. retrorom

This is what I got in the other threat, maybe this will help.

Posted by bluenova, member of this forum :

Rosie restarting is not the same issue. That is due to minfree being set too high, so when your phone needs more RAM it will start killing processes. Unfortunately Rosie has quite a high runlevel so is not seen as essential by minfree and will be closed. Try turning down your settings in AutoKiller. You can also lower the runlevel of Rosie in Autokiller but this cannot be saved so will be reset if you reboot.

Thank bluenova if this helps! :)

7. Connectz

Connectz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I havent had any problems since the day it happened *knocks on wood*

8. maximus192ad

maximus192ad Active Member

I have same problem. I have noticed that every time it happens I am also using GPS.

9. AndyCAPPS

AndyCAPPS Member

I have had the same problems with my phone, I had installed a bunch of Apps and then all the sudden when I turned on GPS and then used any GPS application the phone would reboot. I then went through and reset my phone completely and installed app by app individually and tested each one for the "GPS bug". It turns out "Trapster" was the culprit. When I have Trapster installed and then turn on GPS and then use any app that uses GPS (google maps, sprint nav, compass) the phone would instantly reboot. Now that I do not have that program installed I have not had any more issues and GPS works great!

10. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member

What is Rosie?

11. maximus192ad

maximus192ad Active Member

I have been using this and noticed it will sometimes reboot. (If I remember right, it also happened to be when I was taking a phone call)

Home | Sensorly

12. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member

13. Whiskeypawz

Whiskeypawz Well-Known Member

Lately (prob in the last week) my Sprint Hero automatically resets itself if I hit the back arrow more than once. Sometimes just hitting it once will cause it to reset.
    By reset I mean it goes to the white screen w/ the HTC logo & I have to wait for everything to come up, like I just powered it on.
    Anyone else having this problem or is it just me? If it's just me I'll take it up w/ Sprint. If it's not me there's no point talking to Sprint, they'll just tell me to do a hard reset.
    FTR I am NOT rooted & I'm not in any programs using GPS. It's mostly when I'm backing out of the web browser or getting out of a text message.

14. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

Join the club. You might want to try a full master reset and bring the phone back to factory specs and re load everything on it again.

15. fourply

fourply New Member

i had this suddenly start to happen to my evo at the beginning of the month, 5 or 6 days in a row. i took out my red battery and replaced it with one of my 2 for $11 ebay specials and it hasn't happened since.

the wife's phone got exchanged out for the same issue, wonder if we should have just tried a new battery instead. oh well.

16. Kelita

Kelita Well-Known Member

This has started happening to me daily. No GPS involved. Today I was trying to open a message in Handcent and it froze, then rebooted. IIRC, this is the second time it's happened while opening a text.

17. Quizshow

Quizshow Well-Known Member

Mine just did it while doing nothing, just listening to a podcast. First non-gps reboot I've had. I guess I'm on my way to a exchange after all.

18. spar10

spar10 Well-Known Member

try doing a search... this has been discussed in depth in several different threads.

try turning on the "always on data" setting.

19. AyndRoyd

AyndRoyd Member

The Froyo update has completely fixed this for me.