• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone storage won't mount as hard drive...

dubsides

Lurker
Jun 15, 2010
Baseband - 2.15.00.07.28
Kernel 2.6.32 Hydra ssuv
Frankenrom B5
Riptide Clearfroyo (Evo) theme

In windows(7-64bit-ultimate) I have 2 disk drive entries in device manager for android phone, but only one shows volume information (for SD Card), the other shows "no media". (I also tried this on a different windows computer with the same result)

In linux mint (& ubuntu), 2 android phone drives show under "computer" but only one mounts (SD Card).

Obviously the SD Card pops up fine, but I can't get the phone storage to mount as a drive. I can see all the phone storage under /emmc in my file manager on the phone, and it shows up in the settings menu. I do notice that when I mount as a disk drive only the SD Card gets greyed out, not the phone storage...

I've tried using USB debugging, mounting through unrevoked, etc... no luck...

I haven't been able to get rom manager to fix permissions for B5, is that a possible thing to look into???

Anyone have a similar installation that works fine?

Mods feel free to move this under ROMS or anywhere else you want...

Thank you!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones