• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone will automatically reset to factory if incorrect pin enter 10 times

Ever since i installed the ota update this morning (VZW S5), whenever I mis-type my PIN, i get this message:

You have incorrectly attempted to unlock the phone 1 time. After 9 more unsuccessful attempts the phone will be reset to factory default and all user data will be lost.

Is there any way to disable this setting? I don't want my phone to be accidently reset causing me to lose everything on it.
You can disable this option however not as noted with simply settings / screen lock. At least not any more. Go to settings, then Security, then Device Administrators, THEN you can uncheck the "local wipe policy" which wipes phone after 10pw attempts. While ur at it, look closely at your other device administrators. The EM app "administrator" can wipe phone, lock phone, change pw, disable wifi, and on and on an on. And if u try to uncheck the EM admin authority to do all this, it will erase all emails, contacts and calendar items. Big brother???

Upvote 0
You can disable this option however not as noted with simply settings / screen lock. At least not any more. Go to settings, then Security, then Device Administrators, THEN you can uncheck the "local wipe policy" which wipes phone after 10pw attempts. While ur at it, look closely at your other device administrators. The EM app "administrator" can wipe phone, lock phone, change pw, disable wifi, and on and on an on. And if u try to uncheck the EM admin authority to do all this, it will erase all emails, contacts and calendar items. Big brother???

Not true that this is not valid in 2018. I get all android updates andnthis happened only two weeks.ago!

Upvote 0
Not true that this is not valid in 2018. I get all android updates andnthis happened only two weeks.ago!

Last Samsung ROM update release this is made almost a year ago.
And according latest Samsung news this is possibly the last one.

Therefore and in conclusion for very specific customized ROM this offered by specific mobile phone company, none of regular people has a clue of how to assist.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones