• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PIN lock activates on landscape

Fgoyti

Lurker
May 31, 2012
I think I have discovered a bug. I'm using ICS 4.0.3 on my S2 and I have PIN lock set to activate after 30 minutes. So, the screen dims after 15 seconds but PIN lock isn't activated until after 30 minutes. This works just fine if I have my phone in portrait mode....

HOWEVER... if I rotate my phone into landscape mode (such as in the browser, facebook, etc) *BEFORE* the screen dims, and then the screen dims, it ALWAYS goes into my PIN unlock. Immediately. Even though I have set it to 30 min.

I have tested this over and over and confirmed that it only happens when I'm in landscape. In portrait, it respects the 30 minute rule.

Please help! Am I missing something!?

What launcher are you using? From my ICS 4.0.3 stock rom, Samsung's TWLauncher's homescreen doesn't support landscape rotation... which is probably why the portrait rule applies, and fails at landscape.

If you have a custom launcher, perhaps it would be ideal to have it force display to portrait mode to ensure that the pin lockscreen takes effect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones