• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please Give Me Some Advice?

SpongeBob123

Lurker
Dec 21, 2012
Hi guys,

I have a DROID 3 phone which I've currently had for over 2 years now. It's beginning to have some very weird problems but I won't get into that right now. Anyway, I have to take it into the Verizon store tomorrow for a hard reset. Before I do so, I'd like to know the best way to back up all my stuff. I have tons of apps and files, as well as text messages and a call log that I don't want to lose. What is the best way to back everything up?

I have Verizon Cloud Storage, but I'm not exactly sure what gets backed up or how to retrieve it. Please explain this service to me if you can. I've made a list of all my apps so I could just reinstall each one individually, and I've copied all my files to my computer so I could just transfer everything back after the reset. I know there are various apps to back up the call log and text messages but I'm not sure which one to get. Please recommend which app you think would be best.

Is there any one app that can back up everything, including apps, files, messages, and call log? If so, please let me know. If not, please let me know what the best apps are for backing up and restoring my stuff individually. Also, please let me know if you have any extra advice for me, this will be much appreciated.

Thanks so much for your help, guys! :)

Before I became a root user, I always used [URL="http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rerware.android.MyBackup"/] My Backup [/URL] to backup everything including what your wanting to backup.

The only catch, if you have games, it won't backup the game data only the app itself.

It backs everything up to your external sd card, or to their online server if you choose to go that method. This way, when they hard reset your phone the backup is completely untouched.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Does your phone have a separate internal memory and SD card? If so, you can open up each app (messages, etc) and see if it has the option to back up to the SD card. If not, you could try checking the board for your specific device to see if anyone else has done a back up and factory reset for this particular phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones