• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help a noob out!

kmschwinck

Lurker
May 12, 2010
I have an eris flashed with PB00IMG and I believe I have root access. I am able to remove apps through terminal. I cannot get the google maps to update. I have removed maps.apk, htcnavi.apk and com.google.android.maps.jar. I have removed these separately and all together. I have been able to get it to update before, but I reflashed the PB00IMG because I could not get youtube videos to play without the stock browser. I got the youtube videos working again but cannot remember how to get the maps to update again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also I wanted to try flashing different roms. I have downloaded a couple, placed them on the sdcard, and booted but I cannot get them to boot. Thanks for the help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones