• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PLEASE HELP! Accidentally just deleted some photos and need to recover them is possible from mynote3

jonr991

Jan 15, 2014
I was trying to email some of my photos from my gallery when without realizing it i accidentally deleted a group of photos rather than emailing them. This is an unrooted phone, and i really am understanding from what i read so far rooting is the best way to get my photos back...but i don't want KNOX to void my warranty. I am curious to know if there is a program i can use with my note three running 4.4.2 on a mac that will help me recover my photos without rooting my phone. these photos were also stored to my devices INTERNAL storage so recovery methods for an sd card will not help me

I did not back up these photo, was just emailing them to myself for that exact purpose.

If you know a program for a rooted phone that will work and a way i can root my note three running this current version without voiding the warranty I would be more than game to do that.

It is also a t mobile device and this literally happened 30 minutes ao. some help would be very much appreciated.

This might all be too late, I hope not . Donot do anything with your phone and I mean anything, put it in airplane mode.

Now from your PC search for a piece of free software called Recuva by a company called Piriform, follow the instructions and connect your phone to the PC for it to try and find your lost photos.

The reason you don't do anything with your phone is that deleting them doesn't actually delete them it just marks the space they take on your internal / external card as being fine for the device to overwrite and hides them from file managers, and other apps.

I saved nearly every photo on a micro SD card that I deleted by accident, using Recuva, albeit a few years ago now.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones