• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help me figure out these battery stats

rcyphermd

Android Expert
Oct 14, 2009
I have had the TBolt since release day. I have been trying to figure the battery issues out. I turned 4 g off totally. I have screen at 25%, 30 sec time out, wifi, bluetooth and GPS off. All syncs are off except one gmail account.
Phone has been unplugged for 12 hours and I have 24% left. Made a couple short phone calls, no web at all, no 3g except for the gmail. Some light texting. That's it. And I am down to 24%.

Could someone please explain what these battery stats mean?
up time 27:37
awake 3:49
display 35%
voice call 32%
cell standby 10%
phone idle 8%
android system 5%
etc.
From Battery info: since unplugged: running 15.8%
screen on 8.7%
phone on 3.5%
Thanks in advance for trying to help!

Of the 76% of the battery life that you have used so far, you're using 35% of that 76% to show and light the screen. Your short phone calls ate 32%. You don't seem to have any apps using a crazy amount of power.

You've gone 27 1/2 hours since your last power off. In that time, your TB was able to sleep about 23 hours. Either you, or a background process, caused it to be Doing Something for 3:49 hours. If you believe that you've used your TB far less than about four hours in the past day, then the rest of that awake time is the minions inside your TB making fresh data available, doing backups, checking for new email, and that stuff.

If you're really not happy about that four hour stat, since maybe one hour of that is actual You Time, then dig into what the minions are doing while you're not interacting with your TB.

However, Battery Info is telling you that the minions account for 15.8 - 8.7 - 3.5, or 3.6% of your battery usage. That is not really something you're going to shave down considerably and see 50% battery life left after 12 hours.

Any further effort you put toward reducing battery use is just going to reduce how useful the device is to you. I find it is easier to put the effort into providing a charge to my TB at every convenient chance. But I telecommute, so my TB sits on my charger a lot and I use my land line. I've got it off the charger today to test some new options as a result of rooting my TB and enabling setcpu, but I expect all I'll do is cut off a fraction of that same 3.5% of hidden work the minions do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones