1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Please help me with editing my contacts!

1. CherishD85

CherishD85 Member

I cant edit my contacts, it only brings up the ability to edit the phone number and email, not the ringtone, pic, etc...I have launcher pro... Please help im so frustrated right now...

Advertisement
  2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

go to contacts > click on a name > click menu button, bottom left of phone > edit > scroll down on the page to change ringtone.

to change pic just click on the blank portrait in the edit menu
    CherishD85 likes this.
  3. CherishD85

CherishD85 Member

All that is is listed is the name, number, and email, nothing else like I used to see if I wanted to edit
  4. CrimsonPride

heres what my edit screen looks like, is yours different
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. CherishD85

CherishD85 Member

yes there are only 3 blanks i can change, it USED to look like that...
  6. nickjen1

nickjen1 Member

Make sure the contact is saved to the Phone and Not Sim card. Only thing I can think of.
    CherishD85 likes this.
  7. CrimsonPride

^^^^

thats probably it, i originally saved all mine to the sim. i had forgotten about that
  8. CherishD85

CherishD85 Member

that worked, thank you so much, I can stop screaming at the phone now :)
  9. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

also if your viewing a "google" contact, you cant edit those things. You'll have to save them to "phone" to do that. You can try to copy to sim and then re-import them back to "phone"

Edit: nvm, seems u figured it out
    CherishD85 likes this.
  10. CoMaToast

CoMaToast Well-Known Member

how do I add MP3 ringtones to my captivate?
  11. gflare

gflare Well-Known Member

A lot of people talk about the app RingDroid.

I personally have never used it though.
  12. NOSintake

NOSintake Well-Known Member

Love the program. As long as you have files on your phone, you can edit them. I have a ton of music, so this makes it that much easier to make ringtones if I can skip the whole computer part