• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help me with putting music on the desire, Pleaseee

confuzzled

Feb 10, 2010
I am having trouble getting all my music displayin when i open up "Music" on my Desire, I have just put 28 songs onto my desire in a folder i created called "Music", I just dragged and dropped the music from my laptop to the folder i created. Now for some reason only 19 of the 28 songs are showing up, All the songs are on the phone as i can get them to display in music but i have to click the button in the bottom right when i go into music but i dont see why i should click that when the music SHOULD be there when i open it so heres my question...How do YOU put your music onto your Desire?...I'm pulling my hair out trying to sort it

THANK YOU.

Right, this is a real long shot....

On my Nokia N97, I found that some songs wouldn't be recognised by the phone.

In the end I tracked it down to something odd. In windows explorer, in details view, if I added the "attributes" column, some folders would have an 'S' next to them. It was these that the phone wouldn't recognise.

I've not tested to see if the desire has the same problem, but it might be worth a quick look....

Upvote 0
I had the same problem. I copied some music to the SD card from my NAS and it wasn't recognised by the HTC Music app.

I solved this by connecting the phone to my PC as an external drive, right clicking on the music folder and unticking the "Read Only" attribute.

Hey presto all my music was visible. As the last poster said it's possibly an attribute issue with some of your mp3's. Maybe not though because it seems to be quite random.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones