Please help me with putting music on the desire, Pleaseee

Last Updated:

1. confuzzled

confuzzled Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am having trouble getting all my music displayin when i open up "Music" on my Desire, I have just put 28 songs onto my desire in a folder i created called "Music", I just dragged and dropped the music from my laptop to the folder i created. Now for some reason only 19 of the 28 songs are showing up, All the songs are on the phone as i can get them to display in music but i have to click the button in the bottom right when i go into music but i dont see why i should click that when the music SHOULD be there when i open it so heres my question...How do YOU put your music onto your Desire?...I'm pulling my hair out trying to sort it

THANK YOU.

Advertisement
  2. cupidstunt

cupidstunt Active Member

I use double twist. If you have itunes on your PC it scans your itunes library and allows you to transfer music and video to your phone.

It even converts the video to the correct format.

Google it

3. confuzzled

Please help :confused:

4. HTC_Desire

HTC_Desire Well-Known Member

So give us some more info - Are all the files the same format / bitrate / etc etc

Do you see anything that differentiates these files in any way, regardless of whether you think it should matter or not?

What format are you using?

Have you tried any other albums and seen the same thing?

5. confuzzled

It is totally random, I have removed and put the songs back on many times and the songs switch, sometimes they are displayed then sometimes there not. Mp3 btw.

6. Yenzehn

Yenzehn Well-Known Member

Odd, have you tried using some other mp3 files or another media player to see if the problem persists?

I have over 400 songs on mine, never experienced any get "lost" - and I drag & drop.

7. Banzibarn

Banzibarn Well-Known Member

Right, this is a real long shot....

On my Nokia N97, I found that some songs wouldn't be recognised by the phone.

In the end I tracked it down to something odd. In windows explorer, in details view, if I added the "attributes" column, some folders would have an 'S' next to them. It was these that the phone wouldn't recognise.

I've not tested to see if the desire has the same problem, but it might be worth a quick look....

8. thingymabobus

thingymabobus New Member

I had the same problem. I copied some music to the SD card from my NAS and it wasn't recognised by the HTC Music app.

I solved this by connecting the phone to my PC as an external drive, right clicking on the music folder and unticking the "Read Only" attribute.

Hey presto all my music was visible. As the last poster said it's possibly an attribute issue with some of your mp3's. Maybe not though because it seems to be quite random.