• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help! - THREE S2s broken in a row!

I am so over this phone right now.

I got the Galaxy S2 about a year and a half ago. Last month it crapped out on me. I had dropped it in the toilet summer of last year so I figured the water damage finally caught up to it. It appeared to be stuck in a boot loop and I could not fix it by wiping the data and doing a hard reset. It would vibrate and try to reboot every 3 seconds or so. I called T-Mobile and they sent me a free replacement.

Fast forward a week later. My replacement phone does the same thing! At first it rebooted itself once or twice and I shrugged it off. Then it went into the same exact dreaded boot loop like my last one. Again, hard reset doesn't work. So T-Mobile sends me ANOTHER replacement.

And now here we are a couple of weeks later, and my third S2 just rebooted and was stuck in a boot loop for two minutes, then it finally rebooted. Ten minutes later it rebooted itself again. It's on at this moment, but I fear it's about to crap out on me as well.

:banghead:

Am I just extremely unlucky or could my battery be causing this? I've had to use the same battery for each phone, as they only send you the body replacement.

I am seriously getting frustrated and sick of replacing a phone every week. I have been an Android fangirl from day one (I remember my beloved G2), but this month almost makes me want to switch to an iPhone. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the fourms Caitlin :ciao:

I'm not sure if it could be the battery either, but since its the only thing common to all 3 phones I think I would have to try another one. I suppose there could be a problem with the current its supplying that's causing reboots. I've seen people underclocking their voltage too much get stuck in a bootloop so maybe the battery could cause that too.

Reactions: caitlindwarf
Upvote 0
Apparently it's because they are the black (titanium) S2s. The T-Mobile guy told me today those have issues and the white ones are newer. So they're sending me another black one since they have to do three exchanges before they can give me the newer white one. So I get another one, wait for it to break, then get a phone without issues.

Hmm .. never heard that before. Thanks for the info. :)

Although I've never had a problem with my black one. Isn't a white one just like a black one except with a white case?

Upvote 0
Although I've never had a problem with my black one. Isn't a white one just like a black one except with a white case?

The white ones are from a later production run than the black. The black version was in stores in October 2011,the white version of the S2 wasn't available until mid-December 2011. That being said yeah your right... it's the black phone in a white case. I guess there were a few maintenance updates to the software in those months but the hardware is the same.

Reactions: Atma
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones