• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please please please help!!!

Hello. I am new to this forum and would really appreciate someones help.

I dropped my Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo and smashed the screen and digitizer. I am sending it off for repair but would really love to retrieve any data on the phone and factory reset it.

When I connect it to my computer its recognised but when I click on the folder there are no files to see. I think this is because the phone needs to be unlocked first and this is where the problems begin :-(

I cant see anything on the screen to do this. Its the same when I try to use Kies and other problems. It needs unlocked first of all.

Is there any way round this at all? I really don't want to send the phone off for repair until I can get into and reset it. Apps like Paddy Power, Ebay and so on are all opened on it and I just don't trust whoever will be fixing it.

The phone doesn't have MHL capability either.

Please help. Thanks

How much is it? I ordered an OTG cable on amazon earlier but the seller said he thinks it needs to be connected via blutooth?

But surely the keyboard or mouse will be connected via the usb port on the cable itself ie. one end to phone and the plug in the keyboard/mouse. Don't understand why Bluetooth would be involved?

Thanks a lot for your help with this by the way. Its very much appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones