* *POOF* * - now its a brickSupport

Last Updated:

1. shazam27

shazam27 New Member This Topic's Starter

Went to bed Saturday night, look at my beautiful screen before hitting the pillow...battery was at about 70%. I knew it wouldn't make it through the night at that level, have gotten used to it dying on occassion over night...so I turned off WiFi and GPS and crossed my fingers because I was too lazy to go downstairs and get my charger.

Next morning, as predicted, it was dead. No problem, I'll charge it up and be back in business in 15 minutes. Uh-oh...no red charging indicator.

Dead Evo.

Did the remove battery trick a couple times to no avail. Also crossed fingers and plugged it in to 3 alternative chargers (car charger and daughters incredible charger). Still no light.

Now I sit and wait for Radio Shack to get in another so I can get a replacement. And go back to Blackberry.

Anyone know if a new battery would fix this? Or is the no charging light an indicator of bigger issues?

Thanks!
    Scott

Advertisement
  2. Braaainz

Braaainz Well-Known Member

give it time to charge and try a different power outlet. I know home outlets sometimes don't provide the same amount of power.

try and turn your phone on in a couple of hours

3. I[E

I[E Active Member

There's a good chance that the battery is just too far discharged for the phone to recognize it. If you have a spare battery or a wall charger for just the battery (not using the phone) I would try that first.
    If not, you could try "jump starting" the battery if you have an old usb cable you don't mind hacking up. This is a fix from the old 8125 days that I've used on my wife's old 8125 and my old 8525 when the battery was discharged to the point the phone no longer recognized it.
    HTC Wizard/Cingular 8125 Dead Battery Fix …errr jumpstart Pt. 2 | Ask The Admin

I haven't let my EVO get that low to try it personally on this battery, but it saved me a couple times with the older phones.

shazam27 likes this.
  4. shazam27

shazam27 New Member This Topic's Starter

5. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

do you still have the original battery?

6. Evo_Pimpin

Evo_Pimpin Well-Known Member

"Battery was at about 70%. I knew it wouldn't make it through the night at that level" That right there should have told you there was an issue. Looks like you got a bad battery. If you new battery can't make it through the night at 70% then I would take the phone in and get a new one.

7. EvoFrick

EvoFrick Active Member

ya seriously 70% and u cant make it thru the night?? What are you doin on your phone when your sleeping. Why dont you try turning off the mobile network and using an app program to close everything then turn off the screen i only lose like 20 % max over 10 hrs of sleep.

8. armandov99

armandov99 Well-Known Member

If I don't use the phone, leave it overnight OFF the charger, with Wifi ON, GPS off, GMail syncing, and Exchange mail syncing every 4 hours, I lose 15% of battery.

Losing 70% of battery overnight without usage, something's wrong. Bad battery or too much awake time/network usage.