• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pop Email Help Needed

djtejanojoe

Lurker
Jan 20, 2013
I am new here, if this is not the right forum for this, please direct me to the proper forum.

I have recently upgraded from an HTC Aria to a Samsung Glide and K9 is my email app. I also have Outlook 2003 on my home PC. Both phone and Pc are set to access my email via POP. Here is my issue:

Email is only received on either the phone or the PC, which ever connects to the email server first. The email stays on my email server(Clearwire) as unread. if my phone fetches the email first, my pc wont pick it up or vice verse, if my pc fetches the email first, my phone wont pick it up. I have tried everything I can think of and am at my last resort, you guys! Please help. One more thing. This was never an issue when I was using my HTC Aria with the stock email app set to POP. Everything worked just fine. I initially tried using the stock email app on the Glide and encountered these issues, so I downloaded K9. I also tried iMap set up and it was also a disaster. Some upgrade, huh?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones