Post Here if You Have Received The Update

Last Updated:

1. Cuerbo

Cuerbo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm starting to doubt all this news about an update being pushed out the next couple of days. Been looking around the popular sites and now one has gotten it yet. If you have gotten it, please post your experience and any issues you came across while updating your phone. Also, post your post update experience.

Advertisement
  2. Cuerbo

Cuerbo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

3. ArthurDents

ArthurDents Member

Just wanted to say that i have received the update as of this morning. Had to change the date maually to check. Attempted to update twice, both times failed when actually applying the update.

Phone is restored with odin, no root running 2.1 u1 .

4. pr0virus

pr0virus Member

It wasnt pushed to me but I checked for an update and my phone is now downloading it.

Rooted/ sideload enabled. Will report back if phone retains root status, etc.

5. cmt074

cmt074 Well-Known Member

I got two text messages from AT & T this morning saying to click OK when it prompts to update but no actual updates yet.

6. lordfly911

lordfly911 Well-Known Member

I have seen two SMS messages this morning, one at 7:41am ET and the other at 8:45am ET noting the following:

AT&T FREE MSG: AT&T is providing a free update for your phone. When asked to install the update, please select OK. Thank You.

Does this mean I will get it today, or just sometime this week?

7. George0211

George0211 Well-Known Member

What firmware were you running before update?

8. George0211

George0211 Well-Known Member

Cuerbo, good idea on starting this thread. I just want to add, can you guys please post more details about your phone's setup when you ran the update (i.e. firmware you were running before the update, rooted and so on.)
    This will give the rest of us an idea if we have to return the phone to stock or not, and in general what to expect.

Thanks

9. pr0virus

pr0virus Member

Stock. Update retains root/ sideload.

GPS still doesn't work.

10. darkmeth

darkmeth New Member

Morning, I can confirm that the update started being pushed out today. Took all of 3 minutes to install. I did not get the sms notification but I checked for an update and it downloaded it. Hope this helps. So far definitely seems more responsive. GPS appears to be snappier too. :)

11. pinbak

pinbak Well-Known Member

I manually tried to get too and it did get and download an update, but then restarted the phone and then got a message saying the update was not applied and now won't let me check again unless i reset my date, the 24hr check in effect. Oh well guess I will wait for them to push it. :D

12. AvengerBB

AvengerBB Well-Known Member

Mine is completely stock. I checked for the update and it updated successfully. I can say that the GPS is improved (finally got a lock) but can't say it's fixed until I try it out on the road.

13. NJR

NJR Well-Known Member

For those that received the update and had changed the GPS settings but did not root. Did you have to reset the settings back or did the update do that for you?

14. pr0virus

pr0virus Member

I still cant get a lock using the GPS on its own (without wireless networks). Haven't tried it with wireless networks though.

15. dmp316

dmp316 Well-Known Member

I got it today got 2 txt from AT&T updated the phone. Everything is all good.

16. sully5059

sully5059 Member

Just checked for update and it's installing now (stock, not rooted, had the phone a few weeks).

Edit: Didn't receive a text from AT&T before checking.

17. ctask

ctask New Member

I checked the manual update this morning and downloaded/installed with no issues in about 10 minutes (non-root).

18. lordfly911

lordfly911 Well-Known Member

It is updating right now. It rebooted into a screen that is white with a blue bar and text that says Software Update. At 92% as I am writing this.

Edited: It rebooted and came to the Galaxy S logo, which is doing its color cycling. This has been going on for over a minute. I will let it sit like this for a while.

Edited(2): I am rooted, but nothing else.

Edited(3): Update done. Just waiting for the widgets to load and the media scanner to finish.

19. cmt074

cmt074 Well-Known Member

I just received the update - it went smoothly. I'll check to see if the GPS is improved in a bit.

20. lrs421

lrs421 Active Member

21. DT

DT Well-Known Member

I'm on deck, postponed it for an hour. I'm trying to decide whether I need to remove my Voodoo fix before I do this (I'm thinking yes, since if it's a new kernel, it won't see th ext4 FS).

22. mttfrog13

mttfrog13 Well-Known Member

I'm downloading an update now. Everyone who requested an update last night will have to wait until that time tomorrow because you can only check for an update once every 24hrs. I will let you guys know what I can find in the update. I did have gps problems so I will check that out. Also, I hope there is a lag fix. If we can get a gps and lag fix, I don't mind waiting another month or two until froyo.

23. jeremytanner

jeremytanner Well-Known Member

Rooted and sideloading enabled. No other intrusive mods. Running Launcher Pro.

Received the update by manually checking. it downloaded, reset the phone a couple of times, and told me the update failed.

Checked, running JH7 now. So apparently the fail report is flawed. :)

24. android4rumuser

android4rumuser Member

Checked for update manually, it was there and updated successfully. I was on stock rom. The full process took about 3 min or so and completed without any errors. FWIW, GPS never got a lock inside my house earlier but now using Google Maps got a lock in about 15 sec and at least 10 feet away from windows/doors

25. DBryden

DBryden Member

Stock firmware, not rooted:

Was having messaging troubles yesterday and today so I decided to check for an update for kicks (just joined the forum, didn't know they had an update planned)...

In any event, it found it/downloaded/installed in about 6 minutes. GPS still doesn't have an accurate lock, although I do have 'Quickoffice' now, and my messaging troubles went away.