• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

post pics of your whips

I was kidding about the 430...

This is my car:
red-BMW-2.JPG

Note: This isn't a picture of my car but its the exact same (same model, color ext and int, wheels, and clear lenses)

Just put an order in for the new 2011 WRX to replace this baby. I love her but Colorado winters, and out of warranty repairs are getting old... The new wide body on the WRX is going to look just like the old STI and its Dark Gray Metallic so it should look like this:

392-0.jpg

I wanted a fast AWD manual vehicle... there is not much to choose from.

Upvote 0
I was kidding about the 430...

This is my car:

Note: This isn't a picture of my car but its the exact same (same model, color ext and int, wheels, and clear lenses)

Just put an order in for the new 2011 WRX to replace this baby. I love her but Colorado winters, and out of warranty repairs are getting old... The new wide body on the WRX is going to look just like the old STI and its Dark Gray Metallic so it should look like this:

I wanted a fast AWD manual vehicle... there is not much to choose from.

Audi a4/s4 quattro would be another good choice but Subarus are slick too.

I can't believe you got through a Colorado winter with a BMW? That defies all logic! I assume you live in a plowed city like Denver or on the east side of the state?

Upvote 0

I can't believe you got through a Colorado winter with a BMW? That defies all logic! I assume you live in a plowed city like Denver or on the east side of the state?

another good choice would have been the lancer evolution. sti's and evo's are so similar in platform, they are forever going to be rivals.

Upvote 0

Yea I considered Audi but I wanted something with a warranty cause i just don't have the time to work on my cars anymore. That left certified Audi's but the A4 2.0 was not quick enough and the S4 is a bit out of the price range I was looking for.

I do live in the metro area of Denver but I have driven through some pretty heavy stuff. A nice set of snow tires and traction control pushed me past fwd cars like they were standing still (and some were lol, stuck in snow). It has thr ski package and I actually used it as my weekend driver to Breckenridge.

another good choice would have been the lancer evolution. sti's and evo's are so similar in platform, they are forever going to be rivals.

I like the evo's for sure but I didn't want to jump into the 30s. The stock wrx actually pulls to 60 as fast as the sti and that's good enough for now. The closest lancer to the wrx is the ralliart and I just wasn't impressed with it.

Upvote 0
Here's mine...

'73 Duster, 360 + 030, 727, 8-1/4, 513/533 cam, ported X heads, blah, blah, blah... Ran low 12s but with these heads should be in the mid to high 11s.

Nice!

My Dart hasn't seen a dragstrip since '99, and now that LI Dragway is gone our only nearby choice is ETown. A friend just finished a new engine in his '65 Valiant and wants to go, so I may take the Dart.

My best ever with the car is 14.003/98 MPH.

LH

Upvote 0
Nice!

My Dart hasn't seen a dragstrip since '99, and now that LI Dragway is gone our only nearby choice is ETown. A friend just finished a new engine in his '65 Valiant and wants to go, so I may take the Dart.

My best ever with the car is 14.003/98 MPH.

LH

Not bad at all. That pic of my car was from E-town.

Come join us on lidragracing.com, we're trying to get a new strip built on LI.

Upvote 0
i thought the same thing.. which turns out, i was right. you don't even want to know what i have in my suspension..

on a side note though, you can't die with your money.. might as well have fun while you're alive.

that is true! enjoy it while we can!

how much was the installation for the bags? when i heard that it cost almost the same price as a turbo kit i almost flipped. the price for a universal air suspension for my car was about 1400, which is not so bad since its only a little more than coilovers. but the labor price for it scares me...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones